Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Employment holidays in Canada

pari83
01-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Hi Friends,

How many holidays do you get in a year in a full-time position in canada?

Thanks

Pari

Tsveta
02-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Hi there,
You mean what are the statutory holidays in Canada right?

New Year's Day,
Family Day (third Monday in February, Ontario only)
Good Friday,
Victoria Day,
Canada Day,
Civic Holiday (first Monday in August)
Labour Day,
Thanksgiving Day,
Christmas Day,
Boxing Day.

for more info visit JobAgenies Canada (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=4&sp=4)

Dagwood
05-02-2010, 08:58 AM
If you mean vacation days, I now get 3 weeks after working at the company for 5 years. (I previously got 2 weeks.) My previous job gave me 4 weeks vacation but unfortunately I left, to move across the country for family reasons (an aging mother who need assistance).

I understand the competitive factor with other manufacturing countries, but I feel in these modern times with both spouses often working it's time to update vacation legislation. Perhaps a 3 week minimum to start and a 4 week minimum after at least 10 years in the work force. It would still look skimpy compared to European vacation allotments.

lana
05-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Perhaps a 3 week minimum to start and a 4 week minimum after at least 10 years in the work force. It would still look skimpy compared to European vacation allotments.

Well, we are not in Europe. In North America people believe in work and more work, and work till you die on your desk. In Canada we are much better off comparing to US... if that makes you feel better ;)