Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : High paying job for 19yr old?

AlticJob
11-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey

Im a 19yr old male that has graduated from highschool with little experience that is looking for a job opportunity. Im not picky about the job, just as long as it will allow me to live independtly. The more money the better. Im willing to move to any part of the country or world. Im open to any suggestions and ideas. So far i believe an apprenctice position, oil field work, truck driving or factory work would be the best directions. Im just looking for more information about any type of job that is high paying and needs little experience.

thanks for any input

Tsveta
11-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi, In Alberta you may find a lot of job opportunities in welding, oil field work, truck driving...
This thread may help you with your job search:
http://www.jobforum.ca/showthread.php?t=964
Some of the companies provide new employee training.

Revers3
11-08-2006, 12:21 AM
I'll have to agree with the previous poster. The oil industry in Alberta has been booming and they need tons of people. It doesn't matter if you're not interested in the oil industry because they need all types of skilled workers due to the increasing number of people moving there (more people = more services which also creates jobs for other fields).

Ascended
11-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Ya oil is good money, or do some warehouse/construction if you dont' want to leave edmonton, some places pay 15-20/hr if not more, and they tend to be pretty chill places

Jubba
11-16-2006, 10:39 AM
i've heard of students who do the painting for the summer thing can make a lot of cash by managing groups of student painters...not really sure of the details, though

Ascended
11-16-2006, 11:56 AM
student painters, meh 12-15 bux an hour and the fumes are not good- and in oil, more safety measures and instilled.. money is higher as well, if u won't no risk, except maybe physical injury, then do warehousing..

RRCSTUDENT
11-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Have you thought of Post-Secondary at all???????? Put it this way. In 2002 I graduated as a Certified Bookkeeper. At the same time, Bookkeeping was becoming OBSELETE. This is due to User-Friendly software and hardware that will doe the accounting FOR you. My point is this. It's all well and good to look for a career now, but you won't get a good one with out a college, or university, diploma.

Elle
12-06-2006, 08:27 PM
you should try to get a job as an apprentice to learn a skilled trade, companies will pay to train you and when your finished you can make a lot more money !! try these sites

www.apprenticetrades.ca
www.careersintrades.ca

good luck!!!!

quinn76
01-08-2007, 12:00 AM
I work in the alberta oil industry. Its pay for hard work. Its not a walk in the park. Room for advancement and plenty of companies looking to invest in young workers that have proven themselves. You have to to start at the bottom and work your way up. Most of the time more time in means more experience and more experience means more money.
but with the oil boom other trades are suffering so check them out to. You can do just as well or better in constrution
mechanics ect. Do your research check out what you want to do. Talk to people. email companys hr departments ask them what you will be doing. The oil boom isn't going to last forever so if you do end up making big bucks use it wisely

Tsveta
02-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi,

It is not easy to find your first job but every one of us had a first job so don't get discouraged. This article may help you with your job search: First job - no experience (http://www.jobagencies.ca/default.aspx?article=No+Experience,+Looking+for+yo ur+first+job)

Good Luck

Hey

Im a 19yr old male that has graduated from highschool with little experience that is looking for a job opportunity. Im not picky about the job, just as long as it will allow me to live independtly. The more money the better. Im willing to move to any part of the country or world. Im open to any suggestions and ideas. So far i believe an apprenctice position, oil field work, truck driving or factory work would be the best directions. Im just looking for more information about any type of job that is high paying and needs little experience.

thanks for any input