Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : work permit issue

kothok
11-06-2006, 05:13 AM
hello everybody.

I am new in this forum. I am from Bangladesh. I have completed my high school(equivalent to "A" level) and also have worked as a health care assistant.

I have contacted with one recruiting agency and they said they will arrange a work permit as live-in-caregiver in canada. They asked for $12000 CDN in total. Its important for me to earn money insted of going to university.

Also my plan is to aply for PR after two years as a live-in-caregiver.
My questions are

1. I have visited the cic.gc.ca website but its not clear to me wheather the point system will be aplicable for the live-in-caregivers after completion of two years or they can aply straight away ?

2. I am also scared about the agency I mentioned. coz they said the payment will be $25 CDN per hour as a live-in-caregiver. I want to know its true or not? coz I have no idea about the pay rate and I have doubt about that.

3. Work offers are sent from canada so I think I can check it true/false by phoning canada providing the referance number before facing the embassy? Do you think it will work. coz I have read some post in this forum about the scam.

4. and finally should I go for it or not. If yes then what can I do if I got the work permit and see they sack me before I join work reaching canada.:o

If someone can help me it will be greatly appreaciated.
many thx

Tsveta
11-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi,

Welcome to Jobforum!

First I'd like to tell you that I don't trust these "agencies"! My motto is - "Never pay someone to find you a job"! Are you sure they want $12,000 CAD? This is insane!
As a live-in-caregiver you will most likely earn $10 per hour. Have you decided where in Canada you want to settle? Check out our Job offers (http://www.jobforum.ca/showthread.php?t=934)section. We have offers for nannies in British Columbia.

You must complete at least two years of employment as a live-in caregiver to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
I hope this link to CIC web site will answer your questions:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pub/caregiver/index.html

Cheers