Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Curious Newbie

RSTech
11-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Hello everyone. I'm just wondering a few things about this forum and was hoping some of you could fill me in:

1) Roughly how long has this forum been around? I just stumbled across it a couple of days ago while searching the web.

2) Are there any long-time members on here, say 3 or more years?

3) Anyone have any success stories getting connected with a job or employee on this forum?

Thanks for the info; just trying to get a feel for things.

Tsveta
11-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi Rob,

This forum was established in 2004 but this September we announced the relaunch of JobForum.ca. We intend to bring the communication between recruiters and job seekers to a new level and the key is job networking. The idea is to release recruiters and employers from the burden of searching through stacks of resumes to find the best candidates for job fulfillment with the added advantage of allowing them to easily locate potential employees from areas throughout the country.

I hope this answers your questions :)

RSTech
11-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a good idea! I'm personally interested in the forum related to self-employment in Canada since it relates to me. I think a forum is a great way to share the pains and praises of self-employment. After all, I don't have any co-workers to complain to about the boss!

lookingforjob
11-06-2006, 08:01 PM
After all, I don't have any co-workers to complain to about the boss!

Not having co-workers might be a good thing at the end. Sometimes co-workers can be really annoying ;)

RSTech
11-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Not having co-workers might be a good thing at the end. Sometimes co-workers can be really annoying ;)
Yeah, that's true! I guess it could be a blessing, a curse, or a little bit of both.

aladin42
11-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I don't like most of my co-workers. I am not much of team player either; I mean I am an introvert type of person. I am in Sales and this doesn't help me much. :(

Ascended
12-05-2006, 07:40 AM
I haven't used it to find a job, I've used to help ppl and as a general forum to communicate for fun! but people like Tsveta give out great help!