Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Dragon's Den?

RSTech
11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Anyone watching Dragon's Den on T.V.? The show took a handful of successful Canadian business men (women) and put them in a room to consider investing in various businesses presented to them by "money hungry" business people. Basically, John Doe walks in off the street, pitches his business idea (product) and then offers a percentage of his business to the "Dragons" for a sum of money. They converse for a few minutes telling them what they like and don't like and then give or don't give them money.

I find it kind of amusing. There are a few solid pieces of advice in the show but some of the comments are funny. They were giving one guy a hard time saying he was greedy because he wouldn't give enough of his company to the Dragons. Ummm... looks like it takes two to tango!

lana
11-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Sounds interesting. I've never watched it? When does it air and on which network?

RSTech
11-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Its on CBC but I can't say I remember the time and night. I caught a repeat on the weekend. I went to the CBC website but they are having technical difficulties so it wasn't much help. Here's the link if you want to check it out at a later time:

http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/

In my searching I found that it looks like a remake from a show by the same title on BBC.

Cheers!

lookingforjob
11-06-2006, 08:07 PM
I don't watch much TV lately, simply because I don't have enough time. I enjoy going to see a movie though, when there is something worth seeing.

Agent_J
11-07-2006, 12:57 AM
They were giving one guy a hard time saying he was greedy because he wouldn't give enough of his company to the Dragons. Ummm... looks like it takes two to tango!
I've been following the series, are you referring to the underwear guys in this particularly example? If so, I thought the dragons were being fair as the guys seems to over inflate their companies worth and had too optimistic projections for the future.

RSTech
11-07-2006, 08:58 AM
I've been following the series, are you referring to the underwear guys in this particularly example? If so, I thought the dragons were being fair as the guys seems to over inflate their companies worth and had too optimistic projections for the future.
I can't disagree because that is when I turned the TV on; right when the Dragon's were snapping at them for being greedy because they should give more of the company to the Dragons. I didn't see what happened before that so I didn't hear the pitch and the financials. It just sounded funny to me; you are so greedy because you won't give me a big chunk of your company.

RSTech
11-08-2006, 09:11 PM
OK, it was on CBC tonight (Wednesday) at 8:00pm. I never saw it though, watched Jericho instead. I'm sure I'll catch it on the weekend when it airs again.

guneiseimo
11-16-2006, 02:45 PM
I just watched about 10 minutes of it yesterday where the woman sold the organic salad dressing.

RSTech
11-16-2006, 06:26 PM
I saw in the new yesterday the show is doing well; something like 1/2 million people tuned it; that's pretty good for Canadian viewers.

Ascended
12-04-2006, 08:46 AM
only thing i've ever watched with a dragon in the title is Bruce Lee and Dragonball Z!