Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Are you a germ-a-phobe?

MrDisco
11-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Lately I find myself addicted to using hand sanitizer, particularly at work. I have a bottle at my desk which i use once a day. no idea if i'm making things worse by using it, but i really don't want to get sick this year :|

lookingforjob
11-07-2006, 03:49 PM
No, I'm not. I keep myself in good shape, I eat healthy and I don't worry too much about getting sick :)

aflyingcow
11-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't have enough time to worry about little things of that sort. :)

RSTech
11-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Nope, not at all. I practice good hygiene showering daily, cleaning my teeth 3-4 times per day, that sort of thing. But I don't use hand sanitizers or open a new bar of soap every time I wash my hands.

Paul
11-08-2006, 08:46 AM
But I don't use hand sanitizers or open a new bar of soap every time I wash my hands.

Like in that movie with Jack Nicholson :)

I wash my hands frequently and before eating, this keeps away most of the germs.

Tsveta
11-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Remember the SARS a few years back in Toronto? Well I tried to avoid the subway and I remember a lot of people did the same....Some people were wearing masks all the time and I think they were not nuts at all! I still use hand sanitizer when I visit my doctor.

RSTech
11-08-2006, 08:50 AM
My brother is a little bit of a germ-a-phobe. He tends to wash his hands excessively. I remember when we were teenagers we both worked at a Pizza restaurant making pizzas. He used to wash his hands in between every item he put on the pizza. On goes the pepperoni, run to the back and wash hands, put on the mushrooms, run to the back and wash hands, put on green peppers, go wash hands...etc. It was procedure to wash your hands at the beginning and end of making a pizza but not for every topping. I could make 2 pizzas in the time he could make 1.

MrDisco
11-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Remember the SARS a few years back in Toronto? Well I tried to avoid the subway and I remember a lot of people did the same....Some people were wearing masks all the time and I think they were not nuts at all! I still use hand sanitizer when I visit my doctor.

since SARS, i've been more conscious (i can never spell that word) of touching things out in public. i.e subway pole, escalator rail, door handles. more so during the fall/winter season and you see people sniffling and then touching these common points. i don't go nuts about it, but i do try to avoid touching these spots and i use hand sanitizer daily.

SDuncan
11-14-2006, 09:03 AM
I've seen people wearing masks in public. Well I'm not sooo cautious but I wash my hands often. Have you noticed in public washrooms how many people don't wash their hands....

lana
11-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Now we have to more careful because of the warm weather. A lot of germs are lurking about :mad:
In schools they put sanitizers everywhere.

Ascended
12-04-2006, 08:44 AM
yes, must clean house daily, must wash hands, must sanitize, !