Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Interview few years ago, interview again by same staff?

kocoman
11-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Does anyone have experience where they got interview few years ago, but didn't get the job, then a few years later apply for the same job and got interview again by same staff?

Tsveta
11-08-2006, 07:26 AM
That’s weird. There was someone on this board with similar experience...
So what did you do? Did you go to the interview and did you tell them you were interviewed years ago?

Paul
11-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Ha,
I got a call from the same recruiter a few years back (he didn't remember me) but for an interview, never. This is a tricky situation. Are you going to tell them or not? They can't remember everybody they interviewed but at least keep some records.... :confused:

lookingforjob
11-09-2006, 09:00 AM
I don't think you should be worried too much about this. You got nothing to lose after all. If they don't hire you, somebody else will.

How do you know that the same people are doing the interview?

mattpiloto
11-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Not personally, but a friend has had this happen. I don't think it's really a big deal. Companies needs change, and someone who may not have been right for them 2 years ago may be just what they need now. Given the long time span, I don't think there's anything to worry about. Now, if you were to get 2 interviews withing days of each other, and dress up with a mustache and funny glasses for the second one...:D

Ascended
11-16-2006, 11:55 AM
nah,i've only applied for a few jobs, but only been rejected one by one - lmfao best buy, ended up working at another place and i get 30/hr !!

zoobird
11-19-2006, 05:44 AM
I don't think it should be a big deal. Unless the previous interview was a real disaster, I would say something though.

michelle
03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
YES! At a resturant for a hostess position. went to the interview a lady manager interviewed me never herad back a few months later there was a sign on the lawn hiring positions i applied and the same manager interviewd me and never heard back.

srv
03-12-2007, 10:02 AM
YES! At a resturant for a hostess position. went to the interview a lady manager interviewed me never herad back a few months later there was a sign on the lawn hiring positions i applied and the same manager interviewd me and never heard back.

This is really weird. It has never happened to me. Make sure it doesn’t happen for a third time because clearly will be a waste of time for you...

lana
05-09-2007, 10:58 AM
I personally wouldn't waste my time to go. If they didn't like you the first time what makes you think they will hire you the second.