Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Difficult to look for entry level jobs with no experience required

kocoman
11-08-2006, 01:13 AM
I think I waste a lot of time looking for entry level jobs with no experience required with agency's website. I always have to click on the job link (from a listing) and find out that it needs 5-7 yr experiences, or university degree.
They should emphasize "no experience required", "5-7 year experience required", "BSc required" on the title (so I don't end up wasting time and clicking into that link)

Tsveta
11-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Hi kocoman,

What kind of job you are looking for?

lookingforjob
11-08-2006, 09:29 AM
In my experience jobs with "no experience required" description are very rare. Almost all employers and/or recruiters will put in their job ad that they require some experience, even if they really don't. I wouldn't get discouraged if I don't have the necessary experience, and I would still apply for the job if I think I'm a good fit for it.

kocoman
11-08-2006, 08:55 PM
The problem with "experience" is that I need to proof it with references, which I don't have (good ones) from past employment. so I omit my last job and so end up "no experience".

Revers3
11-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey, kocoman, what site are you using to search for these jobs? I'm interested in the site :)

Administrator
11-09-2006, 08:57 AM
If it's that hard for you to find a job, which doesn't require previous experience, you can try a volunteer job for a few months. Even though you won't get paid you'll get good references and that's a start.

mattpiloto
11-09-2006, 09:31 AM
I find it's best to be honest. Every employer wants to find a star employee with lots of experience. If that's all they're looking for, they're not going to find it. A job that asks for 1 or 2 years experience will often consider someone with no experience. Just be honest, and tell them you have no experience.

kocoman
11-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey, kocoman, what site are you using to search for these jobs? I'm interested in the site :)

Its just the sites listed here. ie: biotechnology sites listed in the forum, I think I search "technology" I haven't apply to any yet. but I find browsing through them is waste of time because they should write "experience req'ed, or University Degree req'ed" in the headline...

kocoman
11-09-2006, 01:57 PM
I find it's best to be honest. Every employer wants to find a star employee with lots of experience. If that's all they're looking for, they're not going to find it. A job that asks for 1 or 2 years experience will often consider someone with no experience. Just be honest, and tell them you have no experience.

For me that wasn't the case, they kept on asking me for references (which I don't have but they insist I find somebody) or say "Oh I don't know why we scheduled you for an interview, this job's requirement is 2 years experience at least"... their error waste my time and yet I still had to go through an interview and took my picture with them.. geez the power of big companies.. abuse us..