Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Starting a nursing agency has never been this easy!

NursingGuide
11-08-2006, 11:28 PM
A new trend is emerging in the medical industry especially in Nursing field. The first baby boomer was born this year and their are about 76 million of them coming. Because of this generation our healthcare system will be in catastrophe because their is less people going to medical field. These baby boomers will be needing medical care and adult services. Medical services are being provided by hospitals, nursing homes, medical clinics, and rehabilitation clinics. These baby boomers will be needing medical cares, home cares, adult day care services, and long term care such as nursing homes.

[EDIT: No self-promotion allowed. Put links in your signature.]

RSTech
11-09-2006, 02:12 PM
What is the liability insurance cost for setting up a nursing agency or being an independant nursing contractor? I picture it being quite high since the health and lives of people are in your hands.

bongi
11-10-2006, 09:32 AM
I am getting kind of frustrated of this talk about the baby boomers. This will affect the healthcare system, Canada pension plan, the companies who will be in greater demand of fresh work force and staff, the insurance companies, all other aspects...

lana
11-13-2006, 09:11 AM
I am getting kind of frustrated of this talk about the baby boomers. This will affect the healthcare system, Canada pension plan, the companies who will be in greater demand of fresh work force and staff, the insurance companies, all other aspects...

Yes bongi it is frustrating but that is the reality, you can not ignore that.

:rolleyes:

kocoman
11-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Its all just talk and advertising/marketing. (showing you the problem, but no viable solutions). Since Canada's public health system "protects the public". They always are very concerned about how much "nursing experiences" and "professional references" you have before hiring you. I never got hired anywhere because that's all they ask me. If you can find some nursing agency that does not check your references then I would like to know.

lana
11-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Do you have any experience? Almost everyone is asking for references so you have to think of something.

contractor
12-13-2006, 01:13 PM
For this kind of job I think references are very important. Do you have any related experience?

Its all just talk and advertising/marketing. (showing you the problem, but no viable solutions). Since Canada's public health system "protects the public". They always are very concerned about how much "nursing experiences" and "professional references" you have before hiring you. I never got hired anywhere because that's all they ask me. If you can find some nursing agency that does not check your references then I would like to know.

kocoman
12-17-2006, 04:40 AM
For this kind of job I think references are very important. Do you have any related experience?

It was from 5 years ago. I will try to look for job anyway if I have time. My family is so demanding that there is no time left for me to look for a job (or get even a casual job, nevermind full time). They are not strapped for money for living because they have a business but it leaves me with no freedom and independence. How to explain that to employer/hiring manager.?

Tsveta
12-18-2006, 10:25 AM
It was from 5 years ago. I will try to look for job anyway if I have time. My family is so demanding that there is no time left for me to look for a job (or get even a casual job, nevermind full time). They are not strapped for money for living because they have a business but it leaves me with no freedom and independence. How to explain that to employer/hiring manager.?

You don't have to. Can you get references from your professors at the University, or from somebody you did some community work with, or from somebody who knows you well and can vouch that you are dedicated person with experience and desire to work. I mean any reference will do you good in this case.

kocoman
12-18-2006, 09:53 PM
You don't have to. Can you get references from your professors at the University, or from somebody you did some community work with, or from somebody who knows you well and can vouch that you are dedicated person with experience and desire to work. I mean any reference will do you good in this case.

I didn't work/volunteer at all. And all the employers want the professional references. I still keep my registration but not actively looking.