Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Interview next week..need advice regarding presentation

MKTGguy85
05-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi,

After months and months of applying for no luck, I've made it to round 2 of a in person interview for a marketing internship.

My question is relatively easy but I need some pointers. Basically, the employer emailed me after we set a date for the interview and told me to "feel free to bring a usb stick/laptop or use our LCD projector if needed".
Obviously now I want to make a great impression but I'm having difficulty with my powerpoint.

That being said, should i focus on a powerpoint that summarizes me as a person? Having already read my cover letter/resume i don't wanna sound redundant by going over my skills. I was thinking about doing a little bit of everything in my presentation (praising the company/showing I know their in's and out's) as well as why i'm fit.

Thoughts? Thanks

Tsveta
05-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi,
I was thinking about doing a little bit of everything in my presentation (praising the company/showing I know their in's and out's) as well as why i'm fit.

Thoughts? Thanks

I think your idea is great. Every interviewer feels flattered when you talk about their company - it makes them feel important and shows that you've done your homework. Let us know how did it go.