Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite vacation spot

comehome
11-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Now that the winter is fast approaching, it's time to think about warm places and sunny beaches :).

I love going to Dominican Republic for a week during the winter. I've been to Punta Cana several times already and I'm looking forward to go there again soon. For my taste the winter here in Toronto, is a tad too long, that's why I like to go on sunny vacations here and there.

What is your favourite vacation spot?

binb
11-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Hello people,

Hi iam new to this forum and its very nice to be here...
about beating the cold during the winter my favorite vacation spot would be Jamica!!! thats the place to be with beautiful sands and the sun shining down on you. That would be my choice!!!

RSTech
11-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Hello people,

Hi iam new to this forum and its very nice to be here...

Welcome to the forum binb. I just signed up myself last week.

Regarding vacation spots; I love Las Vegas. My wife aren't big gamblers but we have a great time in Vegas, there is so much to see and I love the wide assortment of food. Last time we were there was this past January. We went on a horseback ride through Red Rock Canyon. It was awesome. I felt like I was in an old western movie. All you could see was the desert and the Red Rock Mountains. Our guide was outfitted in a long trench coat, cowboy hat, and cowboy boots; very authentic looking.

We always spend time touring through the various resort hotels while we're there. We stay at the Bellagio which is amazing. The last time we upgraded to get a room that faced the dancing water fountain show. We also spent some time to go to The Valley of Fire which is a bunch of red rock formations. They have filmed numerous movies there like Star Trek. I've been to Vegas a couple of times now and I'm sure I'll be back. Next vacation however will be Disney World in Florida now that the kids are a good age to travel.

metoo
11-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I love Vegas too! Last time I stayed at Luxor (the black pyramid) and I had a great time. I'm not a gambler either, but I love the atmosphere - everybody looks so happy there :). It's not the perfect destination for families with kids though...

RSTech
11-09-2006, 03:13 PM
It's not the perfect destination for families with kids though...
That's true. When I go its just my wife and I. We leave the kids at home with the grandparents. The Luxor is a nice place; I haven't stayed there yet but have been through it a number of times. We were thinking of staying at the Mandalay Bay or possibly the Wynn next time we are there.

lookingforjob
11-09-2006, 08:11 PM
I've never been to Las Vegas, but I have friends that have been there and they all really liked it. Are you guys going there with some packages from travel companies (flight + hotel + rental car) or do you book everything yourself?

RSTech
11-09-2006, 10:01 PM
First time I went I booked through a local travel agent for the hotel and flight. I rented a car on my own over the Internet. Fast forward 2 years later (this past January) and I decided to book everything online. I booked through the SouthWest airlines website. I live a 90 minute drive from Detroit airport so it makes sense to fly out of Detroit (Toronto is 2.5 hour drive). So I booked hotel, flight and rental car through SouthWest. Same hotel (Bellagio), different airline (although both out of Detroit), and the 2nd trip I had the rental car for 5 days instead of just 1 day on my first trip. The 2nd trip that I booked myself over the net cost $1600 less. Oh, and I upgraded my room on the 2nd trip. I would definitely book over the net again.

bongi
11-10-2006, 09:49 AM
That's true. When I go its just my wife and I. We leave the kids at home with the grandparents. The Luxor is a nice place; I haven't stayed there yet but have been through it a number of times. We were thinking of staying at the Mandalay Bay or possibly the Wynn next time we are there.

Hi, I've been to Madalay Bay 2 years ago and it was fantastic! They have an artificial beach with waves in the backyard and a Shark reef! The view was fantastic (our room was overlooking the strip) and the staff was very friendly.

RSTech
11-10-2006, 09:52 AM
They have an artificial beach with waves in the backyard and a Shark reef!
I went through the Shark reef in January; it was really neat. My wife liked petting the sting rays near the end of the exhibit.

Paul
11-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Someone here been to Mexico? I want to go this March break with my family but to some child friendly resort because I guess Cancun is not the right place for us...

lana
11-13-2006, 09:17 AM
An acquaintance of mine told me about Singapore. She was quite amazed of the clean streets, luxurious hotel and the polite people. The food, she said, was amazing, and she recommended me this place. It's quite a long trip to Singapore. You have to change 3 flights but she said she would go there again and besides while there you can visit Australia and New Zealand!!!!

Paul
11-17-2006, 09:19 AM
My brother went to Singapore a couple of years ago for the New Year and they want to go back. They really enjoyed their stay and said everything was beyond their expectations. They said Singapore airlines had the best service ever and the seats were like the business class in Air Canada. The stewardesses were very pleasant and helpful!

Don't let me even start with Air Canada....

Ascended
11-19-2006, 09:27 AM
big fan of california,basically anywhere there, beautiful weather, attractive people, and sensational shopping, can be expensive, but you can save tons on goods and always a great time.

RSTech
11-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah, California is nice. I haven't been there on a "real vacation" just a couple of trips for a convention with some play time in between. Got to see Long Beach, Laguna Beach, Anaheim, Hollywood, Beverly Hills. Very busy place.