Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Are there any companies in the GTA area that are willing to employ an american...

jmarsh
11-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi, I am looking to find out if there are any companies in the GTA that are willing to employ temporarily an american citizen and offer a work permit? I am living in the GTA area with my wife who is a canadien citizen and would like to be able to find a job. If anyone knows of any employers that are willing to help please let me know. Thank you.

jmarsh
11-09-2006, 01:37 PM
If I could post my resume here would that help in possibly finding someplace that would be willing to offer a work permit? Let me know.

Tsveta
11-09-2006, 07:33 PM
You can post you resume here.

Do you have a permanent resident status?
I know that Canadians can find easily job in the States and the work permit is only a formality.

jmarsh
11-12-2006, 02:52 PM
My status in canada is currently just under the visitor status, that is why I am trying to get a work permit to start out with.

Tsveta
11-13-2006, 08:48 AM
I guess you can easily change your status once your wife sponsors you for immigration: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/index.html
You qualify for Family class immigration.

If you don't want to immigrate to Canada and you want only to work here you have to find a company willing to sponsor you for a work permit.

The Family class immigration is just an idea, the process is simple and you can legally work here without going through the hassle with the work permits.

ramo316
01-09-2009, 01:12 AM
hi,

I am 18 years old and I have nowork experiance.
where should I start out?.. where would be the best place to work?