Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : A couple simple E.I. questions

gfolkins
06-12-2010, 12:40 PM
1. I am receiving the maximum E.I. benefit, and was offered a job for 12 weeks for the summer (full time) that pays a couple hundred less than my E.I. benefit. If I accept the job, would E.I. top me up, or continue to pay?

2. When I was laid off, I was deemed eligible for the Career Transition Assistance for long tenured workers. I decided to take advantage of it, enrolled at my local community college, and was accepted. I was wondering if the program pays 50% of my student fees, or 100% of my student fees?

Thanks for your help!

Tsveta
06-16-2010, 07:29 PM
To get the right answer you probably need to go to your local Service Canada centre. I don't think that you will continue to receive EI if you are employed full time though.

move5
07-13-2010, 08:54 PM
1. I am receiving the maximum E.I. benefit, and was offered a job for 12 weeks for the summer (full time) that pays a couple hundred less than my E.I. benefit. If I accept the job, would E.I. top me up, or continue to pay?

2. When I was laid off, I was deemed eligible for the Career Transition Assistance for long tenured workers. I decided to take advantage of it, enrolled at my local community college, and was accepted. I was wondering if the program pays 50% of my student fees, or 100% of my student fees?

Thanks for your help!

1. Probably not but they would suspend your EI claim and you can restart it when that job ends (at your max benefit).

2. It depends on your agreement with the Career Transition program, it is different for each person.
In other programs, you negotiate what they will pay and what your contribution will be.