Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

View Full Version : Qualifications for Accounts Professor?

06-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi All,

I am an Indian (31 years), have done my C.A. (Chartered Accountancy course from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) around 8 years back. Am currently doing my Masters in Commerce from Mumbai University. Don't have much work experience apart from working with a Chartered Accountant, that too stopped working around 7 years back. Am interested in taking up a teaching job, preferably in Accounts. Have been giving tuitions in accounts in Mumbai since past 5 years.

My question is What other qualifications would I require if I plan on taking up a teaching job (accounts) in Canada and will my age be a factor if I start studying now? Also will appreciate if you could guide me to some sites which will give me more information about the required courses.

Your response will be appreciated.

06-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Do you have any experience as a teacher?
Usually to teach anything in Canada you need a certificate. So you will probably need to study something here to become a teacher. Do you want to be teaching at a University?

06-16-2010, 11:15 PM

Thanks for the response. No, I have no teaching experience from any institute. As i said, i give private tuitions from home. And yes, i am looking at teaching prospects in a university.

What would I need to study further? And right now, I am still in Mumbai atleast for a couple of years. So any distant learning course available that will help me?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks again,

08-16-2013, 03:50 PM
If you want to become a teacher in Canada, you first have to come here and take it from there. Don't want to discourage you but it is a long and winding road...