Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : career objective

Feyo
08-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Okay so I’m in going into grade 11 and I need a job. But the thing is that once I’m in school I have to work only part time so that I’m able to keep a level head. I’m going to start looking for a job but I’m just wondering if I should put in my résumé the deal with my school.

For my career objective at the moment I have:
'To acquire a seasonal position as a store clerk in order to gain experience interacting with both people and merchandise.

Would 'seasonal position' be correct? Or should I just leave it as 'full-time position' and then explain it to my future boss once the time comes around?

Thanks for any help.

Administrator
08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
"Seasonal Postion" is fine but "interacting with both people and merchandise" sounds a little off. Because you can't really interact with merchadise, can you?

"'To acquire a seasonal position as a store clerk in order to gain experience interacting with people. " sounds better to me.

move5
08-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Would 'seasonal position' be correct? Or should I just leave it as 'full-time position' and then explain it to my future boss once the time comes around?

Thanks for any help.

I would make it clear you're a student.
Maybe "full-time position in the summer and part-time during school" or just say "full time position during the summer" and then say at an interview that you want to work part-time during school. Or don't mention the part-time at all until later.