Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Too soon for Christmas Lights?

RSTech
11-20-2006, 11:35 PM
OK, what is too soon for Christmas lights? I always put mine up at the beginning of December and I thought the 25 days until Christmas was plenty of time to light up the house and run up the electricity bill. It seems most of my neighbors already have theirs up and turned on every night. My kids have been bugging me to put ours up for a week now and even the neighbor kids are saying to my kids "Your Dad is stupid because he hasn't put your Christmas lights up yet like my Dad." You gotta love 4 year olds!

My wife put the Christmas tree and inside decorations up this weekend and has been all done her Christmas shopping for a month already. Now I have resorted to saying I'm not putting the lights up yet because it takes too much electricity from our insufficient power generating facilities in Ontario; I'm doing my part for the environment! Truth is, I just can't get into the Christmas mood so early.

Any thoughts?

Posted: November 20th (still 35 days till Christmas!)

lookingforjob
11-21-2006, 09:41 AM
It's way too early for Christmas lights. Most people are lazy, and they use every excuse not to work, and what better excuse than "Christmas is coming - 35 days and counting!" :p

comehome
11-21-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm sure if you ask most people will tell you that's too early, but again most of them enjoy the whole Christmas experience and I think that's alright. I personally like it this way, and I'm not lazy at all :)

Tsveta
11-21-2006, 03:25 PM
I love Christmas but my neighbour is driving me crazy sometimes because she is tuned to some Christmas radio and listens all day Christmas songs... I hear these songs in the mall, on TV, at my son’s daycare…. Sometimes it’s too much, but kids love it.

Paul
11-22-2006, 09:52 AM
My kids are going to decorate our Christmas tree this weekend. Our neighbors have Christmas decorations and lights already so I guess we are kind of late. Some people get into Christmas mood right after Halloween…

Ascended
11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
never too soon, but yah mid november is good, or when it really starts to snow, although here in edmonton it can snow hardcore in may .. so that may not necessarily work lol

RSTech
12-11-2006, 08:46 PM
OK, its two weeks to go, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of seeing Christmas lights now.

Administrator
12-12-2006, 02:44 PM
OK, its two weeks to go, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of seeing Christmas lights now.

Hi Rob,

It's time to put the Christmas lights on! You've just won our November contest, so please contact me ASAP if you want to get your prize before Christmas :).

RSTech
12-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm just kidding around; I actually turned my lights on Dec. 1st.