Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Tax splitting for Canadians

lookingforjob
11-21-2006, 09:53 AM
It looks like, the Conservative government is looking at changing the tax system that would allow tax splitting for couples:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1164063010401&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154

I think this is great news, but I'm a little sceptical if this is really gonna happen. If it does, this can bring great tax savings to many Canadian families and I think this is especially good for self employed people.

What do you think?

comehome
11-21-2006, 10:05 AM
I don't believe in that either. I've seen politicos made promise after promise and broke most of them after they got the power. Cutting taxes is good, as Canadians are overpaying for many, many years now!

Tsveta
11-21-2006, 03:36 PM
I think this is a great idea. It is allowed in USA, Germany, Switzerland, France and Portugal according to the article, so why not here. Families will benefit from that.

RSTech
11-22-2006, 11:19 PM
It would be nice but I'll believe it when I see it. I think they are more likely to drop another 1% off the GST (remember that temporary tax that was supposed to be....well...temporary) which is another thing they have promised.

Administrator
11-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Yes, removing GST altogether would be really nice. We already pay high enough taxes, to be taxed again when we spend our after-tax money...

Ascended
11-24-2006, 06:36 PM
I despise taxes, could for certain things, but when you don't know exactly where, and when you don't get all of it back.. especially now with the CPP and EI.... lose so much money... and they are greedy too! I worked only 4 months and made so much, and they taxed me thinking I would continue at that rate.. why can't they just wait and tax you all at once!!! :mad:

Tsveta
11-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I despise taxes, could for certain things, but when you don't know exactly where, and when you don't get all of it back.. especially now with the CPP and EI.... lose so much money... and they are greedy too! I worked only 4 months and made so much, and they taxed me thinking I would continue at that rate.. why can't they just wait and tax you all at once!!! :mad:

The idea basically is to take your money in advance and later you'll get a refund but meanwhile they use YOUR money. It's like getting a loan from you without paying interest.

Simon
02-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Did you know that in Monaco they don't pay taxes and they have 100% medical insurance coverage? Isn't that curious? I really want to know how they do it!

lookingforjob
02-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Did you know that in Monaco they don't pay taxes and they have 100% medical insurance coverage? Isn't that curious? I really want to know how they do it!

I'll tell you how they do it. They don't have a huge, useless, over-spending, bloated government machine, that's how they do it.

contractor
02-06-2007, 09:08 AM

This is really interesting! Of course they are a bunch of people there, but still no taxes... I think lookingforjob has a good point!
Thanks for the info Simon!

lana
02-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Yes, removing GST altogether would be really nice. We already pay high enough taxes, to be taxed again when we spend our after-tax money...

This is double taxation that's what it is!!!

m4rlb0r0_r3d
02-28-2007, 04:59 AM
first of all,

I new and never been to canada
Well, I lived in Australia before, only for four years, working and paid taxes, which I dont really care about that time.

So somebody can tell me, the meaning of Splitting Taxes?
thx

Tsveta
02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi you can read the first post on this thread. There is a link explaining....