Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : a very serious matter...please help

Fei
12-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Hello, my problem is i've been looking for a job for the past 2 years with no luck i've been through a countless number of interviews and most of them tick 1 hour long sometimes two, last week a friend of mine got me an interview in a very well respected company the position was so perfect for me i wouldn't really ask for more... i went to the interview, everything went so well and the interview took two full hours. lastly the interviewer asked me to give him 3 references and i did so, and went home.

One day later, my friend calls to tell me that, my previous boss said the following "this person lacks alot of tact, he is so stubborn, he almost never show up to work, and he was asked to resign", now i know why i've been looking all this long for a job. i'm shocked to my very core, my CV looks somehow like this in my job history section.

1 year in fish & fry
5 years in IBM as CEO

now every job interview i had no one ever asks me about Fish and Fry they always ask about my IBM experience and you guessed right my previous boss was in IBM, those are all examples i never worked in fish and fry nor IBM but this is how good my previous job was and why i actually get alot of calls.

i seriously have no clue what to do anymore, i resigned from my previous job for a very serious family issue and i even took 1 month leave without payment to try to solve it but nothing got solved so i had to resign. I didn't have any issues, my evaluations always have very high marks. please advise.

Ascended
12-04-2006, 08:49 AM
wow, that's intense.. i thought ceo in IBM, crazy.. you were a ceo before and now you can't get a job? or what ? plz clarify for another respondents to this forum. ty.

Tsveta
12-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Now that you know why you are not getting hired you have to review very carefully your references! This is the first thing you have to do. Make sure your references will say very good things about you. After a job interview always call you references and tell them to expect a call from your future employer and be prepared. Sometimes if they are caught in a bad time they may not sound very enthusiastic so always prepare them for the call.

One day later, my friend calls to tell me that, my previous boss said the following "this person lacks alot of tact, he is so stubborn, he almost never show up to work, and he was asked to resign", now i know why i've been looking all this long for a job. i'm shocked to my very core, my CV looks somehow like this in my job history section.

Fei
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
wow, that's intense.. i thought ceo in IBM, crazy.. you were a ceo before and now you can't get a job? or what ? plz clarify for another respondents to this forum. ty.

I'm sorry if i mislead you or wasn't very clear. those are all examples i never worked in fish and fry nor IBM but this is how good my previous job was and why i actually get alot of calls.

Administrator
12-04-2006, 02:43 PM

One day later, my friend calls to tell me that, my previous boss said the following "this person lacks alot of tact, he is so stubborn, he almost never show up to work, and he was asked to resign", ..........

Did you have any problems with that individual? I am surprised that your boss didn't give positive feedback. Did he/she agree to be your referral?

Fei
12-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Did you have any problems with that individual? I am surprised that your boss didn't give positive feedback. Did he/she agree to be your referral?

no problems whatsoever, it's so weird, am kinda guy who always build bridges never take them down,last contact was last month and she seemed kinda happy to hear my voice joking laughing asking me what am doing with my life all that...and yes she did agree.

Tsveta
12-05-2006, 08:57 AM
I would take her off my list unless there is posibility your friend to have exaggerated....