Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Courses for CAD Drafter.

Drafter
12-05-2006, 04:44 AM
i am a CAD Draftsperson with a three year diploma in Civil Enginering from India. i am interested in studing further (not Bachelor degree). can you pls suggest some courses for me?.

Tsveta
12-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi, are you already in Canada or you are planning to come to study here?
Here is huge list of Canadian Universities and Colleges: http://www.uottawa.ca/inetres/cdnlist.html

Check it out.

RSTech
12-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Many international technical workers have trouble getting their credentials recognized in Canada to work at jobs they are qualified to do. In addition to courses you may want to pursue certification as a technical profession. I don't know the details of your education but you may want to check the Technical Association for the province in Canada you live in or considering to live in. For example, in Ontario you would want to check out OACETT (Ontario Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists) at www.oacett.org They can help you get your skills recognized.

Are you looking for Civil Engineering courses or CAD courses? If you are using a specific CAD program such as Mechanical Desktop, SolidWorks, etc. you could get software-specific training from the vendor. Also, most community colleges offer some good continuing education courses that may be of interest to you. Good luck!

Drafter
12-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi, are you already in Canada or you are planning to come to study here?
Here is huge list of Canadian Universities and Colleges: http://www.uottawa.ca/inetres/cdnlist.html

Check it out.

i am already in Vancouver. an immigrant settlement agency has asked me to find out an enhancement course suitable for me . the goverment will pay 50% of the tution fee.

lana
12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Why does the government pay 50% off the fees? Don’t you just take a student loan like everybody else?

Ivan
01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
i am already in Vancouver. an immigrant settlement agency has asked me to find out an enhancement course suitable for me . the goverment will pay 50% of the tution fee.

I did that. I came to Canada as an independent immigrant and after having trouble finding a job I took 1 year course. This is a great opportunity for new immigrants because it helps them to settle. I found a job now, it is not very well paid but I am optimistic.

ramaly
02-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I think that the government will pay 50% of the fee only if you are a good student.

ramaly
02-02-2007, 09:11 AM
What I meant is only of you have good marks, like you are in the first 20% or something. Isn’t it?