Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Residenty and Work permits

almo81
12-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Hi All,

The lawyer handing my Permanent residency application, has suggested that if I find an employer who's willing to hire me and say so in writing, He can obtain a work permit for me within 2-3 weeks.

This leads me to believe that I can tell Prospective Canadian employers that from their point of view, They can treat me as any other candidate (though one which, at present, isn't in Canada), since I assume full responsibility for the Work-permit.

Has anyone tried this? or knows whether this will work.

Thanks,

Almo

Tsveta
12-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi Almo,
Are you sure you can get a visa so quickly? If you are positive, than yes you can try that.

almo81
12-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Tzveta,

I'm not sure, But My attorney SAYS it can be done.

As I understand it, My being recognized by Canadian Immigration as an eligible candidate for Permanent residency (based on my application) , can expediate the process of obtaining a "temporary Work permit" to a few weeks - Fast enough for an Employer looking to fill a permanent position.

The process may involve proving that no Canadian is available for taking this position - The Attorney says he can handle it, and frankly, In the Kind of positions I'm aiming for, It should be easy to prove.

I wonder if anyone on this forward tried the "work permit" track like this?

Almo

Tsveta
12-07-2006, 01:48 PM
It makes sense, I hope it works.
Let us know of your progress.

Olga
12-12-2006, 09:26 AM
No I didn't.
I've waited 4 years to get my visa and I landed this summer. I went back to my home country and I will be returning to Canada next fall.

Good luck to you!

I wonder if anyone on this forward tried the "work permit" track like this?

Almo

almo81
12-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Olga,

Thanks for the info

What was your path to Residency? Did you wait 4 years for a "skilled Worker" residency, or did you apply for a work permit first (it isn't the same thing).

Thanks,

Almo