Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Guys, here's my short story....

Shannie82
12-07-2006, 06:20 PM
I’m a graduate of Bachelor of Secondary Education, and applied the degree in various schools here in Asia.
I love teaching especially, however, I can change to another job as long as I know I can do it. About my works, I have been teaching for more than two years. Back in my homeland, I taught elementary pupils and worked with Koreans as an ESL Teacher. I moved here in China after gaining sufficient experience, which really helped because I got immediate job from the international school then soon landed in this permanent job I’m currently working with. I have undergone intensive trainings (workshops, seminars, etc.) together with the English native speakers about related educational stuffs that facilitate effective teaching. Right now, I’m handling kindergarten, elementary pupils, beginners and intermediate students utilizing the knowledge from previous experiences, etc. accompanied with meticulous diligence. The experiences serves as my motivation to pursue my incoming teaching endeavors, and maybe other of jobs.
I am planning to get a job there in Canada basically not teaching because I’m anticipating that my ethnicity will pose a problem. I had been from visa assessment and yes I’m fortunate because I passed the screening, so the only thing I should do now is to look for an employer to get things easily accessible.

I’ll appreciate any suggestions or comments you wanna share.
Hope to hear from you guys.

Tsveta
12-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi,

You can become a teacher in Canada if you pass all the tests and meet the criteria. Your ethnicity won't be a problem, don't worry about that. Canada is a diverse multicultural country and it is not necessary to be a native speaker to become a teacher. Where in Canada do you want to settle?

Shannie82
12-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Hi Tsveta,

Thanks to your details.
Dunno know much about the places in Canada but I heard from friends that Toronto is a good place to live. But perhaps it would be in another places, it all depend where the job availability is.
Do you have a clue where to seek info about the teacher’s test? Maybe it can be done online?
Hope to hear from you.

Shan

Tsveta
12-09-2006, 01:25 PM
To become a teacher you must have all your credentials evaluated. It is not a simple process and it takes time. When you come to Canada and depending in with province you settle, you can apply to become a member of the regional school board and they will advise you what to do next. Here is link to Toronto District School board: http://www.tdsb.on.ca/index.asp

Ascended
12-09-2006, 06:31 PM
esl teachers are in huge demand all throughout country, especially in edmonton public

Shannie82
12-11-2006, 04:28 AM
Hi,
Thanks again.
I go along with that. It really takes time so it’s also long to wait, and frustrating if you’re solely on the waiting list looking forward to nothing or didn’t make it. I have this colleague who hailed from there teaching both in a language schools. Back home he tried to get a teaching job but unlucky because he didn’t qualify the employer's requirement even though he has suitable qualification. From him to be hired, as a teacher must show strong asset to the interviewer and must have eligibility like passing intensive screening especially producing Certificate of Qualification. What I’m trying to figure out here is that getting a teaching career there is bit difficult so how much more if you do application outside Canada. Most school sites I’ve been with require personal interview, and going there to apply to become a member of the regional board is a little risky. Think what might happen if they didn’t consider you. That’s what I’m speculating about.

It’s very true that ESL teachers are needed all over the country coz people from all around globe get there to learn, and that’s why I’m trying to come up with some ways to get a job through friends and your helps. Application drives me nuts but I still won’t give up dealing to the whole bag tricks.

Tsveta
12-11-2006, 09:10 AM
I don't want to discourage you but I really doubt you can find a teaching job if you are not in Canada.

Shannie82
12-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks, Tsveta. I sent my documents to the Canadian Immigration Consultancy already, which gives service of offering job opportunities, possible chance for immigration, additional venue for earning income, and insurance coverage though it’s a documentation to be Canadian Ready. This serves as my guide to get the right, correct, and precise job info from the employers wanting to hire me. I just hope this will work.
Thanks again to your details.

Shan :)

Tsveta
12-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Is that an Agency that fills out your documents for you and send them to the Canadian Embassy?

Shannie82
12-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Hi again,

From the previous assessment I’ve been through said I’m qualified to work and live in Canada, but I’ve just been again from an assessment and unfortunately this Immigration Consultancy advised that as of the moment, I can not apply yet for an immigrant visa because I did not reach the passing mark. The factor that affects my qualification is the years of working experience, which is only two years work experience, (must have at least 4 years work experience) and for a single applicant with no relatives like me in Canada makes it more complicated. Canadian Immigration Consultation suggested then one way to get there and that is by going under working visa or having an employer. In order to have a work visa/employer then should be Canadian Ready, which means that the required documents must be available and ready when the employer notified me about his interest to hire me. In this service (Consultation on the Documents to be Canadian Ready) offered by the immigration consultancy, they will guide me to the right documents that I should have so that when an employer notified that he'll be hiring me, I’m ready to go. However, the services, guidance in the documentation to be Canadian Ready, job opportunity is only given to the person who availed of the contract, which really is essential for the start up. I am not certain exactly about what they can do but I think so that they’ll send my completed documents to the Canadian Embassy. I will share the developments soon if there are.

Shan:D

lana
12-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Do they charge you for that? Are they looking for a future employer or you are?

Shannie82
12-17-2006, 02:15 AM
The services, guidance in the documentation to be Canadian Ready, job opportunity is only given to the person who availed of the contract, and to avail must pay because they work for you not only to find an employer but also do document processing.
I didn’t hear from them yet but hoping to have their info soon.
Shan:D

Tsveta
12-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Hi, I wish you good luck, but be careful of scams. A lot of "agencies" are promising too much and some people end up very disappointed.

Where in Canada you would like to settle?

Shannie82
12-19-2006, 10:03 AM
I go along with that, Tsveta, and thanks to your advice.
I have this one contact from a reputable hotel there, which I’ve known from her job advert itself seeking applicants nationwide to fill up the hotel job positions. I applied as a cashier, and was told that they’ll shoulder the visa and plane ticket expenses. She then forwarded my documents to the Canadian Immigration Bureau for visa processing. This immigration required the same documents (scanned copy of passport and birth certificate) as that of the hotel, but was asked to produce clearance and visa approval letter from the immigration barrister. I emailed the atty to obtain those documents, however, I was asked to pay 550 usd for the screening form and payment form to their accountant. I was a little doubtful about this because I received at least 4-5 emails from different hotels offering the same jobs and benefits, which is suspicious since I never contacted them except that first hotel. Not only that, they use also yahoo address including the id of the Canadian Immigration Lawyer and Immigration Bureau. I’m not knowledgeable about this stuff, so for safety and sanity, I sought help from the Canadian Immigration Consultancy and this is what they have said:

With regards to your inquiry to…. I should say that you're not the only one who inquired about this. Personally, at least 5 applicants have asked my opinion about the matter, my co-consultants experienced the same. The address is correct, to start with. Though I haven't experienced this myself, you should take note of the following:

1. A company, especially a hotel at that should not use yahoo email addresses. It must use an official email address, to think that these company is big enough to outsource workers;
2. Interviews are not held via email especially if it is the embassy that is interviewing you;
3. Documents are not submitted via fax or scanned copy, the embassy always require it in original; and,
4. The government agency who process Visas is the CIC or Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Dunno what can you say about but I compelled to stop my application back then, and still longing for good news from the agency. But of course, I am always wide eyed to spot opportunities coming up along every now and then. Place isn’t a problem for me.

Shan

Tsveta
12-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Dunno what can you say about but I compelled to stop my application back then, and still longing for good news from the agency. But of course, I am always wide eyed to spot opportunities coming up along every now and then. Place isn’t a problem for me.

Shan

Good that you did that! It sounded like a scam. And the emails were very suspicious (not using an email address from the same domain...)
Anyway you have to keep your eyes wide open.

Do you want to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker? This government web site will help you find different ways to come to Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html

If you have more questions I'll be happy to assist you!