Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : where to get a electrical engineer job in BC?

windrider
12-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Hi, everyone,

I am new grad from UBC electrical engineering program. I am looking for a job in my field. but things aint as good as I thought before, it seems hard to get a decent electrical engineering job in BC. btw, I did not do co-op, that is my bad.

could any of you guys give me some friendly suggestions? I will be grateful.

RSTech
12-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I can not speak for B.C. but there are tons of electrical jobs out there. I have been in the electrical field as a Technologist for 10 years in Ontario and there always seems to be someone hiring. I blanketed my area with resumes just prior to graduating (about 1 month before) and by graduation my phone was ringing off the hook. I got a book from the local Chamber of Commerce that listed all the employers in the area and sent my resume to 152 of them. Yes, 152 resumes! Hey paper and stamps are cheap, your first pay cheque will be sure to cover it. As a new graduate you lack experience, it is expected, so let the numbers work for you and send out as many resumes as possible.

P.S.
The company that hired me wasn't advertising for the position. In the interview they asked how I knew they were looking for an electrical engineer (term used loosely - I'm actually a Technologist) and I told them I didn't. A lot of jobs aren't advertised.