Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Special kind of job agencies

Shad
12-14-2006, 11:28 PM
I do not know if anyone heard of this kind of job agencies if so please let us know.
The agency accesses your resume. Then they guarantee to find you a suitable job. They charge a small percentage ~10% of your agreed income. The good thing about this is they do all the work for you starting from presenting your resume in a great condition help you in the interview because they want you to get a real well paid job. Finally they also negotiate a good contract for you. The whole thing is good for you and them.
I am interested in applying through this kind of agencies.
Thanks

contractor
12-15-2006, 12:44 PM
First of all, do you think 10% of your salary is a small amount?

almo81
12-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Don't know, never heard of firms that provide this kind of service.

In fact, in some countries it is ILLEGAL for employment agencies to charge work-seekers for their services (Only the employers pay). Note that this does not decrease the agencies interest in getting quality candidates (and helping them get the job). They need a large pool in order to increase their chances of meeting their customers' needs.

In general, When I see employment agencies who charge candidates for their service, I usually stay away: It's so rare that it "smells".

It might be relevant for contract work - but at 10%, it will likely reduce much of the financial advantage of being independent.

Let me know if you have actually run into agencies that provide this kind of service. If it exists, then I learned something new today :cool:

Almo

P.S.

I did run into agencies who charge their candidates for extra services: Interview coaching, for instance.

Tsveta
12-15-2006, 01:13 PM
I did run into agencies who charge their candidates for extra services: Interview coaching, for instance.

I wouldn't make a deal with such recruiting agency. It doesn't sound right. The recruiters charge the employer to find a suitable candidate, not the other way round.
The recruiters are always interested to select the best candidate and to get the job and I'm a little surprised to hear that some may charge for interview coaching…
:confused:

Shad
12-15-2006, 01:35 PM
First of all, do you think 10% of your salary is a small amount?

I know it's not but to find the best job for a future career it is not. It's frustrating having to preparing resume, applying with more than agency using online, contacting major companies interview(s). This kind of agency works for you. They are interested in finding the best in you and for you Finally your success is theirs. They won't just place you and let you go through interviews ... no they want your success

Shad
12-15-2006, 01:47 PM
I live in US now and I heard few of my friends used an agency like this. I was wondering if these agencies exist in Canada since I am looking for a good job in Canada.
I have seen some Canadian/US agency charge but they do not garantee anything these are their services
A comprehensive job search program in any city in Canada or the U.S..
Revised market-effective resume in a Canadian or U.S. format.
Extensive research to identify relevant potential employer companies.
Employment interviews arranged in advance of a scheduled visit or to commence upon permanent relocation on a pre or post visa basis.
Winning interview strategies.
Information about each company you interview with.
Individual coaching, advice and follow-up throughout the interview process.
Job offer attainment in 70-80% of cases.

Don't know, never heard of firms that provide this kind of service.

In fact, in some countries it is ILLEGAL for employment agencies to charge work-seekers for their services (Only the employers pay). Note that this does not decrease the agencies interest in getting quality candidates (and helping them get the job). They need a large pool in order to increase their chances of meeting their customers' needs.

In general, When I see employment agencies who charge candidates for their service, I usually stay away: It's so rare that it "smells".

It might be relevant for contract work - but at 10%, it will likely reduce much of the financial advantage of being independent.

Let me know if you have actually run into agencies that provide this kind of service. If it exists, then I learned something new today :cool:

Almo

P.S.

almo81
12-15-2006, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't make a deal with such recruiting agency. It doesn't sound right. The recruiters charge the employer to find a suitable candidate, not the other way round.
The recruiters are always interested to select the best candidate and to get the job and I'm a little surprised to hear that some may charge for interview coaching…

Actually, Tsveta, it does make sense.

Perhaps I should explain: What I call interview coaching is a professional who sits with a candidate and works on his interview skills in General (not for a specific employer).

I've known highly talented people who couldn't sell themselves if their life was dependant on it. For such people, paying ~$100 for a one hour session with a pro may be a good idea....

Almo

Shad
12-15-2006, 01:53 PM
I would feel more comfortable with an agency that works for me rather than the employer. They even would negotiate for me finally save me looking over and over saying to myself Did I find the right job? Did I have the best deal? Also they help arranging the interviews so if you are relocating it would be convenient

contractor
01-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi Shad did you find a good recruiting agency? I am curious because I look for contracts every now and then and if you can recommend us a good professional recruiting company that will benefit us all.

Thanks

lookingforjob
01-22-2007, 08:57 AM
I would feel more comfortable with an agency that works for me rather than the employer.

I haven't seen many job recruiters who care about their contractors. Most job recruiters, care only about the money the contractor/permanent employee will bring them and that's the end of it. Most job agencies work for the employers, because they are the ones paying the money. Of course if there is a shortage of qualified workers in certain industry, chances are they will be treated better then the rest, but don't expect too much.

If you find a good job recruiter, who cares, stick with it.

SDuncan
01-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi Shad, are you refering to employment agencies who get a fee from the jobseeker to find him a job?

Shad
02-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi Shad did you find a good recruiting agency? I am curious because I look for contracts every now and then and if you can recommend us a good professional recruiting company that will benefit us all.

Thanks

If I knew them I would not have asked about them. Sometimes they are called counselors I will post if I find any.

Hi Shad, are you refering to employment agencies who get a fee from the jobseeker to find him a job?
Yes

Shad
02-26-2007, 12:38 PM
After a little investigaton I found out. These agencies secure jobs after training. You might need a career change. It is very competitive. They hire you after training.
Is there something similar in Canada.

Tsveta
02-27-2007, 09:27 AM
After a little investigaton I found out. These agencies secure jobs after training. You might need a career change. It is very competitive. They hire you after training.
Is there something similar in Canada.

Hi Shad, Do these agencies employ you or they guarantee to find you an employer after the training?
I've never heard of such a practice in Canada.