Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : New agency

almo81
12-16-2006, 04:05 AM
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with An agency called "corporate recruiters"? (http://www.corporate.bc.ca). I found them on the web (Tsveta: They're on your list too). I believe they operate out of the Vancouver area.

Almo

Tsveta
01-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Sorry Almo,
I've never dealt with them. Did you talk to them?

almo81
01-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I applied to a position through their site. They emailed me, asking for more info about a specific position (not the one I originally applied to).
Haven't heard from them since (roughly 3 weeks ago) - however, in view of the holidays I'm going to wait another week before trying to follow up.

Position is real, though: I found it on the employer's site.

Regards,

almo

almo81
01-03-2007, 08:43 PM
What's interesting (to me) about this firm is that, based on the positions I saw on their site, they seem to specialize in people of my background : mid and senior level managers in the Telecom and IT industries.

Do you know of any other firms with a similar focus (possibly in other locales) ?

Almo

Tsveta
01-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Position is real, though: I found it on the employer's site.

Regards,

almo

Hi Almo, Why don't you call the company and contact them directly?

Tsveta
01-04-2007, 09:46 AM
What's interesting (to me) about this firm is that, based on the positions I saw on their site, they seem to specialize in people of my background : mid and senior level managers in the Telecom and IT industries.

Do you know of any other firms with a similar focus (possibly in other locales) ?

Almo

Hi Almo.

I can not recommend an agency; however a lot of recruiting agencies specialize in IT and senior level positions. You can search the agencies list by keywords using the menu on your right: http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1

almo81
01-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi Almo, Why don't you call the company and contact them directly?

I Don't want to burn a potentially useful agency by cutting them out: The odds of getting the attention of any particular employer are generally very low. A good placement company may be able to get you to several good interviews - especially if the recruiter believes in you.

Also, In my experience, Resumes from trusted agencies are more likely to be given serious attention then random "mail-ins".

I'll wait a little more before trying to bypass the agency.

Thanks,

Almo

lookingforjob
01-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Just follow-up with the agency, to see if there has been any interest in you from the employer...

almo81
01-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Had that been the case, I'm sure I'd have heard by now....