Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Training in Canada

bongi
07-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Hi

I have BA from South Africa, but after 5 months in Canada I still can't find a job. Do you think I have to go through some training in Canada first?

Administrator
07-21-2004, 08:22 PM
It depends. How many years of experience do you have? Can you get good references from your ex-employers?

If you have more than 3 years of professional experience, I don't think you need any additional courses and/or certifications. Of course you will have a better chance to get a job if have some formal training in Canada, but again this is not mandatory.

Good luck with your job search!

bongi
07-21-2004, 08:38 PM
I have 4 years of professional experience and I have written reference from my last employer. I was thinking to volunteer in some organization in order to get Canadian experience. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Administrator
07-21-2004, 09:09 PM
You are on the right track :). Volunteering is a smart way to avoid the "Canadian experience" Catch-22. For years of experience should be more than enough and hopefully you'll get a decent job soon.

Keep us posted how it goes from here.

I have 4 years of professional experience and I have written reference from my last employer. I was thinking to volunteer in some organization in order to get Canadian experience. Any suggestions?

Thanks!