Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Call them or not?

Froggo
12-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Hello dear forum members ^.^

I found this forum via google. There seem to be not to many forums for application issues, or perhaps my searching was not as good as it should be... ^.^
So I am glad I found this one, because I have a little question regarding when to contact the company I applied at (via phone).

I didn't apply in Canada, but in UK. But I think the question I have can be answered from Canadians too. I guess there are not many differences in applying, or am I wrong?

I read that in an english application it could be considered uninterested if you don't call the HR office a few days after you sent the application. I read it's a normal application progress to keep contact to the person you sent the application. It is interesting for me, because I am German, and in Germany it could be considered bad manners if you call the HR. Here you just have to wait until they call YOU.

Now I sent my application (for an internship) via e-mail and got this (automatic) reply:

""Thank you for sending us your details and for your interest in XXXXXXXX. We are always happy to hear from people keen to pursue a career in our industry.

Your details will be retained on our files and copies forwarded to the relevant Departments.

Should a suitable opportunity arise, we will not hesitate to contact you. However, if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, then your application will not have been successful on this occasion.

(...)"""

My question is: What shall I do? :)
The e-mail says that they will not hesitate to contact me. Furthermore, it says if they don't contact me within 3 weeks I will be unsuccessful.

Shall I call the person who got this application (I know her direct number) or should I just wait and drink tea? :)

Thank you very much in advance :)

Tsveta
12-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi,

I would call them. It is always a good idea to call them and show them you are still interested in the position and you are still available. What they sent you was an automatic response that they email to all the jobseekers and it doesn't mean anything. So if you want to know more call them and leave them a message if you get the machine. Then call them the next day too or till they call you back.

RSTech
12-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I agree with Tsveta, call them. What's the worst thing that could happen...they say no you didn't get the job?

Froggo
12-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Hello :)

Thank you very much for this advice! Of course you are right with saying the automatic response doesn't mean anything.
Now i can call them with a good feeling ^.^