Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Work Permit - 'Facilitated Processing for Information Technology Workers'

gregr
01-02-2007, 03:31 AM
Hi, I am from the UK and want to move to Calgary on a work permit. I believe I am eligable under the 'Software Developer — Services (NOC 9990.5)' table 1 category for the
'Facilitated Processing for Information Technology Workers' pilot program.

My questions are:

1. How expidited is the processing under this pilot program?
2. What proof is required that one has the listed skills?
3. When is the redesign of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program expected to be finalized?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/itw.html

To apply under the pilot program does one need to simply do the following?

1. Get an employment authorization from CIC. How?
2. Get a validated job offer from a local HRSDC office. How?

I would be grateful if you could clareify the process, thanks.

Tsveta
01-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi Greg, the link that you are referring to concerns the employers not the potential employees.

This link will be more helpful: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/worker-1.html

You can check whether you need a work permit, how to apply and all the details.

As far as I know it is faster to get a work permit than skilled worker visa.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/itw.html

To apply under the pilot program does one need to simply do the following?

1. Get an employment authorization from CIC. How?
2. Get a validated job offer from a local HRSDC office. How?

carlos.jango71
09-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Well friend, The goal of the program continues to be to expedite the process of admitting foreign workers in the field of information technology. Eligible candidates are granted a "national confirmation" by HRSDC, and may proceed directly to applying for a Canadian work permit.

Carbo
12-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi,
I am just a member for a few hours and already I find this most usefull thread.
Some time ago I stumbled into that website with those 'special rules' for IT people and then ... I couldn't find it anymore ...
This time I added it immediately to my favorites.
Thanks guys ! :)

HomerBrown
07-22-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm in a similar situation. I can apply for a permit under the national confirmation program as an Information Technology Worker but here's my key question:
- Can I apply for the permit without a job offer? (Would make finding a job so much easier)

Please help!

Tsveta
07-22-2008, 03:41 PM
- Can I apply for the permit without a job offer? (Would make finding a job so much easier)

Please help!

No you can't. This is the whole point of getting a work permit. You have to have a job offer.

pri
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I donot have any workpermit in canada but interested in job relocation to canad. I have 4.5 years of solid Information technology experience with 4 certifications.
Can anyone tell me how is the IT job market in canada now and do they hire people abroad and sponsor for their work permit. Expecting help from you guys soon.

skolapper
09-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi,

If In Wrong Place, Pls Tell Me & Ill Request A Move.

Anyway, I Have A Couple Of Players That Can Acquire An English Nationality, But Im Not Sure How To Do That.

On The Players "Personal" Information, It Says That The Player Is Already Eligible For The Nationality, But Dont Know How. Anyone Got Any Ideas?

If Anyone Could Tell Me Id Be Grateful.

Thanks,

Gravyolaxo.