Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions?

RSTech
01-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Anyone in the forum make any New Year's Resolutions this year? I didn't really make any but I have started exercising again and am watching my carb intake to try and lose some pounds. I haven't exercised for years so getting started again is tough.

lana
01-02-2007, 02:15 PM
To get a better job is a good new year's resolution too.

I go to the gym 2 times a week, I don't try to loose weight just need to work out. I have sign up for swimming lessons and hope this will keep me fit.

contractor
01-03-2007, 12:21 PM
My New Year's resolution is to work less and get paid more. Wow I wonder how this is going to work…
;)

RSTech
01-03-2007, 08:09 PM
My New Year's resolution is to work less and get paid more. Wow I wonder how this is going to work…
;)

That reminds me of something I told my last employer. We were collectively told that one of the company goals for the upcoming year was to increase profit by 5% and sales by 10%. I told them that was great and my goal was to reduce my overtime by 25% and increase my wage by 50%! Needless to say I had to become self-employed to reach my goal.

RSTech
01-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Well today is Day 11 of my New Year's diet/exercise program. I've lost 9lbs so far but this diet is driving me crazy! It's my own version of a low-carb diet (similar to Atkins and South Beach). I get to eat as much as I want as long as the food is low carb but my problem is giving up sweets like chocolate, ice-cream, chips, etc. I've read in numerous places the cravings for these things go away after a few days. I must have "super" cravings then because I'm on Day 11 and I still have strong cravings for sweet stuff. I keep joking with my kids at dinner...you know what would make that chicken taste better; if it was chocolate-covered chicken! LOL.

My main goal on this diet/exercise kick was to eliminate a sore back I've been having for some time now. I thought it would be nice to also lose some weight at the same time. I have to stay, getting back to exercising is sure helping my back pain; I hardly have a problem anymore and that's after only 11 days of exercising.

lana
01-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Congratulations!
Not only a diet but an exercise will help you feel better and eliminate a back pain. I am sometimes too lazy to go to the gym but I feel so much better after that. I've never been on a diet but I imagine how hard it will be if you have to control your cravings. It's all in your head. Years ago I stopped eating mayonnaise (a main cellulite culprit) and I don't crave it any more, I used to eat it with every meal. ugggh...

RSTech
01-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Congratulations!
Thanks lana. My back pain is now a distant memory; I feel great! I haven't had a sore back in weeks. That's pretty good considering last year I couldn't go more than 2 days without having a problem. Exercise is definitely the key.

lana
01-23-2007, 10:37 AM
I find stretching and yoga really helpful for back pain too.

georgebuffet
07-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi There !!

New year resolutions are always very hard to follow up. Most probable it will broke in one or two weeks :)

DureNeurb
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
The year will soon end,so what are your new years resolutions?
I want to be healthy and happy with my family.

silentkiller
01-11-2010, 06:08 AM
;)

Thats an impressive new year resolution :D