Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Interview/Presentation Help

aj9648
01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
I have a interview February and instead of a traditional interview I have to do a presentation.

It is managing a major project in the toronto area.

I have to consider things like:

Who are the key stakeholders in the project and how I will communicate with them? And also how I will influence them????

And what would I do in the first few months of the project and why?

Could someone give me some pointers?

Thanks

Adam

Tsveta
01-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi, this is a tough one. Have you done a presentation before?
Maybe it is good idea to use PowerPoint to create your presentation.

aj9648
01-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh I am happy using powerpoint and doing a presentation - its the content that I am struggling with!!!!

halo6
03-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Sorry, I am late with this reply. If you get this again, phone or email them--ask them some questions. Be informal, and friendly...then they will give you some clues.

-ask about the objective
-who will be there
-how you will be evaluated?
-how long will it be?

Just the fact that you are being pro-active like this will look good on you.

Swift
05-04-2009, 10:58 AM
This is a great technique for visualization. They just want to know how you are going to get the job done. Do the research on the Project at hand. Make sure you have facts and figures to back up how you would manage this project.

To communicate with the stakeholders on the project is easy you can supply monthly reports or they may want weekly up to the minute reports on how the project is going

Michael06
05-06-2009, 04:12 AM
Well,

Certain jobs in life would require following a basic parameter but if you stick by the simplest and most decent of job interview tips, there is no denying that you will create an ever lasting impression. One of the very first things that people notice about you when you come to a job is your grooming. So never underestimate this aspect of your appearance when days before you are heading for the job interview.

The key to a successful job interview is a candidate's ability to respond to the different questions that are almost thrown over to him. One must try to reflect their positive side even while answering questions regarding their weaknesses. Questions such as "how long it took to reach the venue?", "personal likes and dislikes", "strengths", etc. should be tackled adroitly. Again, a candidate might not necessarily know the answers to all questions; in such cases, he must be frank enough to admit it. In a job interview, what matters the most is how well one answers and his ability to handle a stressful situation.