Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Costs of immigration

Lana38
01-04-2007, 06:41 AM
I and my husband live in Ukraine.We'd like to immigrate or get permanent job in Canada.We applied to some agencies here in Ukraine and they said that all our costs would be about 5000$ per person. :confused: Are there any other direct organizations we can apply to (I mean not agencies)? Are there any cheaper ways to immigrate or work in Canada we can use??

Tsveta
01-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't apply through an agency but will apply directly through the local Canadian embassy/consulate.
For a full list of Canadian embassies around the world go here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/offices/missions.html

Or contact your local office in Kiev: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/offices/missions/kyiv.html

Here is a link to the Canada Citizenship and Immigration web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.html
You can apply for a Skilled Worker Class Immigration which will take roughly around 2 years to be processed, depending on how busy the embassy is.

Where in Canada do you want to settle?

almo81
01-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Though you definitely can apply yourself - be prepared for a fair amount of hassle - The paperwork is pretty difficult, and Canadian immigration is unforgiving. Having a lawyer, does make things a lot easier.

Though I don't live in Ukraine, The price you were asked (10K$; US or Canadian dollars?) is, I believe, completely unreasonable. A more reasonable price should be around 3K (for BOTH of you). so Shop around.

There are also Attorneys that are based in Canada who are willing to help you. Here's some examples I found on google:
canadavisa.com;
innakogan.com;
workpermit.com

WARNING: This is not an endorsement. I have NOT worked with these firms: I just found them on google - there are many more like them. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. You should check around and get references before sending such a firm any money.

Lana38
01-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Thanks Tsveta and almo81! I will definitely follow your advice!:)

Olga
01-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi Lana,

I landed in Canada last year. I am a skilled worker immigrant. I have applied by myself. The application fee was about $500 but that was 3 years ago so you have to double check again what is the current fee. There is a Right of permanent residence fee which is currently $490.
Usually the waiting period is around 2 years, it could be less but don’t count on it. :)

Norekap
02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi
It says in one post you should only apply through the embassy of your country not through an agency.
I have read it can take years to apply through the embassy.
But I have read some adverts for agencies that they can get all your family a visa and find a job in about 2-6 months.
Is this a good way.:confused:
Thanks in advance

Tsveta
02-14-2007, 09:31 AM
There are agencies that can assist you but it is your own risk. I wouldn't recommend any but I know people are doing it. Be very very careful because you can find yourself in a big scam and pay way more money using their "services"