Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Which province?

Irish
01-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi, i am thinking of immigrating to Canada from Ireland with my wife. We are not sure which province is best. I think west is best but my wife thinks it might be too far. Which province has the best mix of quality of life and opportunities?:) :)

lana
01-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Hi,
In my personal opinion the provinces with best opportunities would be Ontario, Alberta and BC. A friend of mine went to Calgary for the holidays and told me people are living in tents there and they are building houses like crazy because of the high demand for workers and people who would work at the oil rigs. I don't know about the other industries but it is very hard to rent an apartment there and the rents had skyrocketed.
A lot of English and Irish people live in Nova Scotia. Have you considered the Eastern provinces?

Irish
01-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi Lana,

thanks for your reply. I get the feeling that the west is best from what i have read. I looks beautiful and the climate seems nice (hot in summer and snow in winter). We haven't really looked at the eastern provinces. We visited Montreal and Qubec cities a couple of years ago. Toronto seems massive.

Tsveta
01-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi,
BC has probably the best climate. It has mild winter and nice summer but it rains a lot. You also can go skiing and surfing in one day :)

Irish
01-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi,
BC has probably the best climate. It has mild winter and nice summer but it rains a lot. You also can go skiing and surfing in one day :)

The rain puts me off although it looks like a fantastic place...would you say the quality of life in the west is better than in the east?

Tsveta
01-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Well it doesn't rain that much but during the winter can be pretty gloomy, from what I’ve heard. The quality of life is better comparing to Eastern Canada; the real estate is very expensive (it is mystery for me why) but Vancouver is considered more beautiful than any other Canadian city. It is a big city and the job market is good at the moment.

lookingforjob
01-08-2007, 11:34 AM
My city of choice is Toronto. Lots of jobs (at least in IT), lots of entertainment, overall a great city. I agree that the weather can be a little harsh during the winter, but I got used to it (hint: Go to Caribbean for a week or two during the Canadian winter :p )

anderson
01-09-2007, 09:58 AM
My city of choice is Toronto. Lots of jobs (at least in IT), lots of entertainment, overall a great city. I agree that the weather can be a little harsh during the winter, but I got used to it (hint: Go to Caribbean for a week or two during the Canadian winter :p )

I would like to go to the Caribbean... This winter is kind of mild don't you think? Too bad for the staff at Blue Mountain. I heard they fired some people because there is no snow…

ramaly
02-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi, i am thinking of immigrating to Canada from Ireland with my wife. We are not sure which province is best. I think west is best but my wife thinks it might be too far. Which province has the best mix of quality of life and opportunities?:) :)

Hi Irish, I would say Edmonton, Alberta. This is my choice! It's kind of cold duping the winter but I think you will find it quite nice and rewarding.