Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Disney in Florida?

RSTech
01-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Hello everyone!

Has anyone here been to Disney in Orlando, Florida? I'm taking my family in February and we've never been. My son is 7 years old and my daughter is 5. I'm just wondering if there are any recommendations for specific things to see/do. We are staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort which looks amazing; its close to Downtown Disney and Epcot. Thanks for any advice.

lana
01-10-2007, 10:20 AM
I haven't but from what I’ve heard you have to prepare for long lines and upset children. You children are not that young so probably everything will be smooth :)
I personally, want to go there; I’ve watched a documentary of how it was built and what was the original idea of Walt Disney with all his sketches and ideas.
It is amazing.

RSTech
02-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Well, we just got back from our trip to Disney and it was a great trip. Kids were well behaved, travelling went well, no border delays. My only complaint is how hard it is to get decent food and in a timely fashion. All the food at the parks is junk, as expected, and we lined up for about 20 to 30 minutes to get it. Everyone kept telling us this past week is one of their slowest times. I'd hate to see how long it would take if it was a busy time! When it comes to sit down restaurants outside the park (like in the hotels) you need to make reservations or you won't get in. We experienced that first hand and ended up having McDonald's on a few occassions after searching for hours to find a place to eat.

Other than the food complaint, the trip was excellent. Lots to see and do. The kids had a blast and I jumped on a few rides myself. The roller coaster at Animal Kingdom was a lot of fun, Alpine Everest or something like that. The laser, fireworks show, Fantasmic at MGM was really cool. The staff were very friendly everywhere we went. Weather was great, mid 70's all week. We went swimming every day and hit a water park one day; I even got a sun burn. Two thumbs up!