Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for work East Coast!

phoenixblu
01-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm a 26 year old female who is currently about to obtain a 12 month open work visa which I am hoping to use to find a job in education (any kind.. i can teach everything... k-12 and TEFL). Also a self confessed computer geek and can do pretty much anything on them!

Would love to work in Montreal or surrounding area.
feel free to email me for my resume :)

Toni
01-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi,
I don't want to disappoint you but to become a teacher in Quebec is not that easy.
First they will have to evaluate your diploma and most definitely you will have to study at least one year to get the necessary credits. After that you have to pass a test and then you can start looking for a job. And don't ask me about the test... You have to answer 150 grammar questions and write an essay of 500 words for 2 hours! Unbelievable! No wonder 75% of the people fail the test. I know French pretty well but still this test is frightening!
I want to become a teacher too and I am studying right now... On the top of that they lost my diploma and now I have to send it again for evaluation which will take at least 3 more months of my time in Montreal.

phoenixblu
01-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Im already a teacher.. with 6 years experience alongside a BEd, Postgraduate and a TEFL... so becoming a teacher wont be an issue.. This is not an area that bothers me as I have already written and created contacts in the English Speaking Education Departments in Quebec. :)

But good luck teaching isnt easy! I'm on here looking for another type of work to be honest...