Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : increase the paid vacation from 2 to 4 weeks

Paul
01-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi all, look what I've read.

The Green party will be asking the Canadian government to increase the paid vacation from 2 to 4 weeks! This will be a real break if they do that!

As we all know in Europe the standard vacation is 4-6 weeks so why not here?

Isn't that exciting?

Tsveta
01-31-2007, 08:25 AM
This really would be nice, don't you think?
I know that in Australia the paid vacation is longer than North America.
In most European countries the vacation is 4-6 weeks, not to mention some mandatory holidays. I have a friend who lives in Germany and her vacation is 6 weeks! I can't even imagine that. No wonder why they travel all the time :cool:

contractor
02-01-2007, 09:10 AM
I think it is a good idea but this will mean tax increase. I personally don't have paid vacations so I don't care too much about it. But it is true that the vacations in North America are the shortest.

ramaly
02-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi all, look what I've read.

The Green party will be asking the Canadian government to increase the paid vacation from 2 to 4 weeks! This will be a real break if they do that!

As we all know in Europe the standard vacation is 4-6 weeks so why not here?

Isn't that exciting?

This sounds like a great idea but i am pretty sure it will be nothing more but an idea...I am very pessimistic about it

lana
02-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Don't get too excited about this. I don't think it is going to happen. :rolleyes:

Ivan
02-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Here in North America we work a lot. I don't think its going to happen but anyway nice thought...

plaw
09-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Personally, my husband and I have considered to move to Europe and work, simply because of the longer vacation.

We both wish that the vacation will be longer here in Canada.