Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : need a little advice

sara
02-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I recently moved to Ontario from British Columbia because my husband received a job. I have joined him in Ontario too and I am ernestly searching for job prospects. I have a BA and B.ED with a focus on primary education. My job experience ranges from teaching in a traditional classroom to corporate training at a telecommunications company out west. I am in a little bit of a bind because I know that if a pursue a traditional teaching job in the classroom I will certainly have to supply teach, which is not something I want to do considering I have been teaching for 8 years. If I chose not to teach in the classroom then it means finding an "education" job which seem to be few and far between. Not to mention that I am used to making around 38000-45000 a year so entering the supply teaching world will be a definate pay decrease (supply teachers make on average 13000 per annum). Anyhow...just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what avenue I should pursue. I need a little bit of focus so that things start happening for me. Thanks

Tsveta
02-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Hi Sara, why don't you start as a supply teacher and meanwhile do something else, like teaching on seminars or facilitate corporate training like you used to do?

Are you in Toronto?

sara
02-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks Tsveta. I was starting to come to this conclusion as well. It takes a while to get recertified as a teacher from BC to Ontario so I might use that time to pursue other opportunities and see where that leads me. It's hard to know what to do.... I am not in Toronto which makes things a little more difficult because there seems to be a lot of corporate training jobs in Toronto that look fabulous. I am residing in London.

Tsveta
02-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi Sara,

I found the web site of your district school board: http://www.tvdsb.on.ca/
Call them and find out what are the requirements.
As for the corporate training can you afford to travel for lets say 2-3 day long workshops? Have you considered that?

Seeking
04-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Hello

I may know of something that may help you out
You would be able to continue to do supply teaching and do this
on a part time.
If interested let me know.
Where in Ontario do you live?
clarapnunes@sympatico.ca

whattodo
04-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Hello

I may know of something that may help you out
You would be able to continue to do supply teaching and do this
on a part time.
If interested let me know.
Where in Ontario do you live?
clarapnunes@sympatico.ca

Hi Seeking ,
what is it that you are offering? You sound very vague.

Seeking
04-17-2007, 04:55 PM
we are looking for good individual that desire the potential for an excellent income. we are one of the largest industries in the world. We offer training and excellent advancement opportunities for those willing to work hard on a full time or part time bases. We have many teachers that do this on a part time bases. Citigroup is our mother company.
If this strikes up as something you would like to know more about please call 905-819-7219 you could also check our website.