Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Do the recruiters call you back?

futurepop
02-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I am posting this thread because I am really annoyed with employment agents who don't return phone calls especially when they initiated the contact. What is your experience and please fell free to share your thoughts on the subject.

Thanks

contractor
02-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Yes they are annoying I agree but they are working on commission and I guess this is why they don't "waste" their time when they are no more interested in you...

lana
02-08-2007, 08:51 AM
I don't have much experience with recruiters but from what I've heard is they don't have the courtesy to call back just to let you know that they got your message. It is sad the way they do business, so impolite. Canadians used to be the most polite nation in the world...Not any more I think.

:rolleyes:

futurepop
02-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Canadians used to be the most polite nation in the world...Not any more I think.

:rolleyes:

My impression is they call you back only and only if they know they can make money from you. They will never call you just to follow up or to tell you they are not interested at the moment. Ignoring you means they are not interested.
So much for good manners.

jojoba
02-15-2007, 09:13 AM
My impression is they call you back only and only if they know they can make money from you. They will never call you just to follow up or to tell you they are not interested at the moment. Ignoring you means they are not interested.
So much for good manners.

Well ask yourself this; if you were a recruiter would you return every single phone call or email? Do you think you will have time for this?

jason
02-16-2007, 09:14 AM
I want to share a few thoughts with all the job seekers. I recently immigrated to Canada. I tried to find a job while I was still outside of Canada but I couldn't. I thought I don't get any response because I was not in Canada.
After I came I experienced the same thing. Are the recruiters tired of immigrants? I cannot understand?

Do you have any reasonable explanation? :confused:

almo81
02-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi Jason,,

As someone posted here earlier, The Recruiters WILL call you back if (and only if) they think you match the requirements of one of their customers - its their business.

What's your profession? maybe your're talking to the wrong agencies.

You should try calling them by phone - It definitely helps.

Almo

Tsveta
02-19-2007, 09:58 AM
I want to share a few thoughts with all the job seekers. I recently immigrated to Canada. I tried to find a job while I was still outside of Canada but I couldn't. I thought I don't get any response because I was not in Canada.
After I came I experienced the same thing. Are the recruiters tired of immigrants? I cannot understand?

Do you have any reasonable explanation? :confused:

Hi Jason, as far as I know the recruiting companies work mostly in IT, Telecommunication, Sales Industries. To find a job as an architect you have to contact directly the companies in your field.
Take a look at the following architecture job links:
http://www.hays.ca/JobSearch/Results.aspx?CategoryId=2

jason
02-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi Jason, as far as I know the recruiting companies work mostly in IT, Telecommunication, Sales Industries. To find a job as an architect you have to contact directly the companies in your field.
Take a look at the following architecture job links:
http://www.hays.ca/JobSearch/Results.aspx?CategoryId=2

Thanks for the info Tsveta.

Tsveta
02-21-2007, 09:05 AM
One more thing about the recruiters...
They receive hundreds of resumes and phone calls. They could not physically return all the messages. They will call you if they believe you can get the job, because they too are interested to get their commission. So don't get offended it is all business, you have to learn to better sell your skills and knowledge. A wonderful job article how to achieve that you can find here: How to sell yourself on the job market (http://www.jobagencies.ca/default.aspx?article=How+to+sell+yourself+on+the+j ob+market+)

srv
03-13-2007, 10:37 AM
One more thing about the recruiters...
They receive hundreds of resumes and phone calls. They could not physically return all the messages. They will call you if they believe you can get the job, because they too are interested to get their commission. So don't get offended it is all business, you have to learn to better sell your skills and knowledge. A wonderful job article how to achieve that you can find here: How to sell yourself on the job market (http://www.jobagencies.ca/default.aspx?article=How+to+sell+yourself+on+the+j ob+market+)

I agree but from the jobseeker point of view it is very frustrating when you have emailed 100 resumes and get no response. You start wondering if you are doing the right thing you know...Is your Resume good enough, what are you doing wrong... This is why people are complaining when they don't get any feedback :mad:

Zackeria
05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
No, most do not, and when they do, they only offer you $10.00 per hour.
When you have worked at something for over 15 years, you would think that your experience would be worth more. What a slap in the face.
These people are only dream merchants, they only want to make a living off the labours of others, it is called using people, for their monitary gain.

Simon
05-08-2007, 10:47 AM
I agree but from the jobseeker point of view it is very frustrating when you have emailed 100 resumes and get no response. You start wondering if you are doing the right thing you know...Is your Resume good enough, what are you doing wrong... This is why people are complaining when they don't get any feedback :mad:

Yes, this is exactly what they want. You start to think that either you want too much money or you are not good enough. Especially if you are a newcomer they give you the impression they are doing you a huuuuge favor when they offer you $10 per hour and in fact they are paid double.... Most of them are not qualified and don't have any people's skills. No offence but I think the not so bright people become recruiters.

contractor
06-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes, this is exactly what they want. You start to think that either you want too much money or you are not good enough. Especially if you are a newcomer they give you the impression they are doing you a huuuuge favor when they offer you $10 per hour and in fact they are paid double.... Most of them are not qualified and don't have any people's skills. No offence but I think the not so bright people become recruiters.

:) nicely put :)
Honestly, if they know they can make money out of you they will call you.

georgebuffet
07-20-2009, 02:49 AM
Hi There !!

If we are applying for 5 or 6 agencies then hardly 1 or 2 will call back.

job_forum
08-13-2010, 01:48 AM
yes all guys are right they never call untill and unleess if they known that he can make a money to you they are just saying that they are intreseted

jacked_J
10-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Never.

They have no jobs to offer. Serious.

Some have a little but most of those jobs they post on the website are made up.