Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Norekap
02-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Hello
I am a new member and need some help please.
My husband and I and 4 children are really keen to relocate to canada.
I have read alot of web sites on moving to canada.
But they are all very different.Can anyone please help.
My husband is a Carpenter and Joiner and a Ships Carpenter.
He has over 20 years experience in these trades.
I have read you need a job offer to move to canada and then I have read you can not have a job offer unless you live in canada.
It is all very confusing.
Please can anyone help in anyway.
We are also hoping to bring two dogs does anyone know if this can be expensive to do.
And also is it better to bring our own furniture or is it cheaper to buy when we are there.
sorry about all the questions.
Thank you in advance.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Tsveta
02-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Hi there,

You can immigrate to Canada or you can get a job offer and apply for a work permit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.html

You can get a job offer if you are outside of Canada but it is more difficult. It depends on the job as well. Some provinces in Canada have a Provincial Nomination Program which makes it easier and faster for people with specific job skills to come to Canada. You can check this government web site for more info on the subject: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/provnom/index.html

Also you can bring your pet but you have to issue it a passport and I guess you have to make all sorts of vaccinations... I'm not really sure.

For the furniture, a lot of people bring their own furniture. You have to check how much that will be, maybe check with your airline...
You can get cheap basic furniture here from stores like Goodwill but don't expect too much, it will be used and very basic. Because you have a big family maybe it will be cheaper to bring your own furniture.

When do you want to come to Canada?

mirinda34
02-08-2007, 09:08 AM
And also is it better to bring our own furniture or is it cheaper to buy when we are there.

Hi,
there are stores where you can buy furniture and don't pay for 1 year with no interest. After one year you can pay little amounts each month.