Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer for Canadian experience

Tsveta
07-21-2004, 08:50 PM
In Canada volunteerism is very common. If you struggle to find a job and the only obstacle is the Canadian experience try to volunteer for some time in your filed of expertise. You have a chance to be offered a job at the same place you are volunteering, if not it will give you experience.

Vera
07-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Don't you think volunteerism is very common because the Canadian economy is not in good shape? And the "canadian experience” and the "networking" all those things differentiate the new immigrants from the canadian born people who already have connections from friends and university?

Tsveta
07-23-2004, 04:41 PM
I think you have a point here, but good or bad the economy, it’s still a fact that as a new immigrant, if you can’t find a job for let’s say 6 months, you may consider volunteering as an opportunity.

Vera
07-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Thank you for your help Tsveta, but during my volunteerism who will pay my rent?

cory
03-28-2006, 01:09 PM
I need some job info

lookingforjob
03-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Thank you for your help Tsveta, but during my volunteerism who will pay my rent?

You may start a second part-time job while volunteering at the same time. This will help you pay the bills, while gaining some experience. I'm strongly against volunteering, and I see it only as a last resort.

Tim
04-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Why are you against volunteering?
People dont do it for money, they either do it to gain experience or do it for their own self interest or to help others out.
Nothing wrong with that :)

lana
04-04-2006, 10:09 AM
I would volunteer to help in children’s organizations, to collect toys, clothes, food but to volunteer in a big corporation in order to get experience, well come on this is exploitation. If you have the skills and the education, what else do they need? You can gain experience as a COOP student, but they are paying you for that.

Ladyluck
04-05-2006, 02:01 AM
I think doing it for just a few days in a big corporation is fine.
I have done that, I asked if i could come in for 2 days.
They didnt make me do any work, I basically just sat with the people and watched what they did.

its a good experience.

atif
06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
let me know if there is any good web site for volunteer job seekers, like monster.ca and workopolis which are for piad jobs.

Tsveta
06-08-2006, 08:32 AM
let me know if there is any good web site for volunteer job seekers, like monster.ca and workopolis which are for piad jobs.

I've seen volunteer positions available on workopolis but maybe the best place to look for a volunteer work is your community centre.

Ladyluck
06-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I've seen volunteer positions available on workopolis but maybe the best place to look for a volunteer work is your community centre.

Yes or churches and schools as well. They always require people for things like gardening etc.

Also alot of offices love to have a volunteer to do mundane tasks (from which you will learn from)

kimou71
08-16-2006, 07:35 AM
yes volunteer job is good for immigrents. (http://www.liste-des-annuaires.com) maybe after that they can find a good job. (http://www.bigunivers.com)