Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Architect - self employment

jason
02-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi I just have a quick question.
I am an architect; do you think self employment is an option since I don't know anybody in Canada?

Thanks

lana
02-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Why not Jason? You can register a corporation and start doing contracting jobs. You can work from home or go to your clients’ office. In fact most of the architects are self employed; it is more of a creative job, like art and design.

Tsveta
02-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi Jason,
You can look for both permanent and contract positions. If you find a contract position you can register a corporation then (it is very easy and it will take you 2-3 hours and as far as I remember around $200-$300).

jason
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks Tsveta,
Do you know how can I register a corporation?

Tsveta
02-14-2007, 09:27 AM
First you have to determine if you want to register a corporation or sole proprietorship. There is a difference. I would suggest you to register a corporation. The easiest way is to contact a company who deals with that. You pay a small fee and they do everything for you.

jason
02-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Thank again. Do you know what the differences between sole proprietorship and corporation are?

Sorry for asking so many questions....

philip
02-18-2007, 04:40 PM
You can try going through one of the contractor compliance companies. As many companies won’t use one person corps see why on the survey at www.payprodirect.com/reclassification

contractor
02-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Thank again. Do you know what the differences between sole proprietorship and corporation are?

Tax wise is better to register a corporation :)

Tsveta
02-21-2007, 09:48 AM

Hi Jason,
this thread will give you an idea:
http://jobforum.ca/showthread.php?t=387