Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!!

juju
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi, this is my 1st post in th forum and i'd like to say Hello to everyone.
I work and live in the Southwest of England a town called Torquay. I work as a Healthcare Assistant (Healthcare aide/personal care assistant or Nursing attendant) in the community and I love the job. Like most of you, I too would like to come and bring my vast experience in the health care industry and also join my sister who lives in Alberta. But I'm also finding it difficult to get a job offer as soon as they know you are outside Canada. And yet there's plenty of jobs to be had. Employers shy away or maybe not familiar with recruiting foreign nationals or not have any experience. I would come over and glad to do the paper work myself given a chance of a job offers.
Many thanks !!!

Tsveta
02-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi,
Did you try to contact employment agencies (http://jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1)? Most of the jobs go through them. You can also look for a job in the major job banks monster.ca and workopolis.com.
It is not easy to find a job when you are not in Canada but you have to try :)
In what province would you like to settle?

juju
03-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Hi Tsveta,
I would like to join my sister who lives in Edmnton. Would it be ideal to be there and apply for the jobs and see the HR in person?