Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for work as software developer in Toronto

mbshaw
02-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi folks,

I'm a recent graduate (2005) from software engineering looking for work in the software development field in Toronto. I have one year experience work with C# ASP.NET and SQL, though I have used a large number of other languages both academically and/or for private use. Is there any opportunity for me?
Thanks,

- Michael

Tsveta
02-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi did you try contacting recruiting agencies (http://jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1)?

bruhaha
03-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Are you till seeking employemnt?

mbshaw
03-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi bruhaha,

Yes, i'm still looking for work as of right now.
I just arrived in Toronto this week and hoping that being here rather than 2 hours away will make my job search a little more productive.

- Michael

Tsveta
03-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi Michael,
Right now the IT market is really hot. Did you manage to contact recruiters? Most of the IT jobs go through employment agents. Are you looking for a full time or contract position?

mbshaw
03-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi Tsveta,

I've contacted about 7 recruiters now and i'm generally getting the same response: e-mail us your resume and we'll call you. Is this the general process of recruitment agencies here in Toronto? Are there any that are a little more personable that you can recommend? Is there any that specialize more in entry level or junior positions in the IT field?
Thanks,

- Michael

mbshaw
03-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Still looking for an answer to my previous questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Michael

Tsveta
03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Hi Michael, The feedback that you are getting is absolutely normal. I would suggest uploading your resume on Monster.ca and workopolis.com and updating it every day. This means that you are actively looking for a job. I don't want to discourage you but you have to send at least 100 emails to get some response.
Try contacting Procom, Ajilon, Computer Horizons... there are so many agencies dealing with IT.
Here you can find a full list of employment agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1).