Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Immigration via the investor programme

lynn42
02-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Hi, after two and a half years of waiting to hear from the cic about our application for permanent residency under the Skilled Worker route, we at last got a letter from them. Unfortunately the letter did not contain the news that we had been expecting. We were refused due to lack of points, even though we had 68 points. The cic made an error and only awarded my husband 22 out ouf 25 points for his education, as they did not recognise his Dip-Maths-Stat from Cambridge univestity, UK as being a Masters degree. We did raise this point with them but they say that the original assesment is final, and we have been advised independantly that we will not gain anything by pursuing this.
We are now applying under the investor route, we are right at the onset of our application and I was wondering if anyone had recently been down this path, if so how long did it take from start to end.
We have employed an agent based in Vancouver to act for us, they seem confident that we will gain entry this way. The agent seems to think that it will take between 14- 24 months, can anyone confirm this, or does anyone have any advise that they would like to offer.

Tsveta
02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi,
This is really strange. The current pass mark is 67 points. I don't understand why they are refusing your application.
Here is a link with more info about the Investor immigration program: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/business/invest-1.html
I don't know how long the process is but the amount of money they want is huge....
I hope your agent knows what he is doing

lynn42
02-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Thank you for your reply, I do know of this website as this is where we found out that we would need 67 points to qualify under a skilled worker. Still a bit upset by thier not being able to add up points correctly but one has to move on. We know that it is a lot of money that they ask for, but for us it seems to be the only way in. More than the money, is the time that has been waisted that really gets me down. The fact that we are still going ahead knowing that it may well take another two years (and cost us a great deal of money) only goes to show how serious we are about this move.