Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Canadian experience

Jim
07-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi,

I have heard that it is very difficult to find a job in Canada when you don't have Canadian experience. Is that true?

Tsveta
07-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi Jim,

Welcome to JobForum.ca

I’ve experienced this myself. It’s true. In my opinion the recruiters are not afraid that you don’t have Canadian experience, they just want to give you less money, saying that you need experience in order to get better salary.

Jim
07-19-2004, 09:16 PM
Thanks Tsveta,

I was under the impression that skilled workers don’t have a problem to find a job in Canada. I am from Europe and most of my friends are from Europe too and all those people share the same opinion. Even one person from England had troubles with a recruiter, because of this phenomenon! So they don’t recognize even experience from UK?!

Tsveta
07-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Yes, I know it’s absurd. That’s what I thought when I first started looking for a job. But it’s good to know these things and be confident in your abilities and knowledge! You have to be persistent and you’ll get what you want!

Jim
07-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the advice! One more thing – I’ve heard that for a small fee you can get your resume sent to hundreds of agencies and they can get you an interview. Is that reliable?

Tsveta
07-19-2004, 09:21 PM
I don’t think so. This “bulk sending resume” thing doesn’t work. Recruiters receive thousands of resumes daily. My advice is to call them personally and after you talked to somebody, send an email with Cover letter and attached Resume. This is the only way to get any attention. And if you get voicemail, leave brief message! Often the recruiters have their voicemails “on” all the time and will return your call only if they are interested. My advice is – do you own research and rely only on yourself!
Find out more here: http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1
This is a list of recruiting agencies. Go to their web sites, or call them directly. That’s how I found a job.

cory
03-28-2006, 01:11 PM
I need some job info.

lookingforjob
03-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I need some job info.

What kind of job info do you need? Are you looking for job? Please be more specific so we can help you out.