Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Possibility for a foreign student to getting a job after completing Seneca collge

hanoi
02-27-2007, 02:31 AM
:confused: Dear every one
I am a new member. I would like to say hello to all of you and would be very thankful if any one could pls give me some advise.
I am a pharmacist from Vietnam. I would come to Seneca college for a graduate certificate in Regulatory Affairs this September.
My intention is to gain a good mark and look for suitable job after completing the course. Do you have any idea if canadian employer would be willing to hire a foreign student? I do not have lot of money so a paid work is so important otherwise ... (if finding a job here in Canada is difficult for a foreigner I would be better to stay home and do my current job)
Besides I have a little child (12 months' old). May I leave him home and go to a far away coutry alone? I even do not know if I could manage for a job after school?
May I bring him with me? I would certainly miss him alot.
Anyhow I am fond of the possibility of relocating to Canada. I have submitted PR application to Canadian High Commision in Singapore. (enclosed with a bankdraft of more than 1,000 Singaporean dollars) and still do not know if they have received it safely.
Yes I have no idea if I have done right thing.
Could you let me know your comments.
Your help would be so valuable to me.
Hanoi:o

Tsveta
02-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Hi, you can certainly try to find a job in Canada after you graduate. When you come to Canada try contacting recruiting agencies (http://jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1)and employers. In which province are you staying? I guess in Ontario. Workopolis.com and monster.ca are good job search engines.

If you bring your child with you, you have to arrange daycare or someone to look after him while you are at school. A daycare in Toronto will be around $1000 per month for a 1 year old. Daycares operate usually form 7:30 to 6:00.

When did you send your PR application?

hanoi
02-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi, you can certainly try to find a job in Canada after you graduate. When you come to Canada try contacting recruiting agencies (http://jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1)and employers. In which province are you staying? I guess in Ontario. Workopolis.com and monster.ca are good job search engines.

If you bring your child with you, you have to arrange daycare or someone to look after him while you are at school. A daycare in Toronto will be around $1000 per month for a 1 year old. Daycares operate usually form 7:30 to 6:00.

When did you send your PR application?

Dear Tsveta
Thank you a lot for having contact with me.
I would like to settle in Ontario, where some vacancies for pharmacist in regulatory affairs are posted on website.
Do you think Ontario is a safe place? As a woman with little children come from a far away country, I am really need a safe environment to work and take care of my little baby. in case of an emergency, may I expect of help from local emergency aid or police? Do they ready to help a foreigner?
I hear that student after school could be remain in Canada to work for 1 year.
However, my course in Seneca college last for only 1 year. With this rather sort course may I be eligible to remain after school in Canada for 1 year (or 2 years) could you pls advise me.
Regarding PR application, I send it via EMS courier service from Hanoi to Canadian High Commission in Singapore since Feb 22, 2007.
It seems that it hasn't reached the commission yet as it takes from 4 to 7 working days to send the package.
But even after this duration I still do not know how to check it's safe arrival.
(as advised one need not sent unnecessary requirement to Canadian High commission!)
I am looking forward to your valuable comments
Hanoi

Tsveta
02-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi, Canada in general is a safe place to live. There are neighborhoods with bad reputation and crime like in every big city. Where in Ontario you would like to go?

Do you have a tracking number for your package?

Take care

hanoi
03-01-2007, 01:12 AM
:confused: Dear Tsveta
My tracking number of EMS courier is EE104778306VN.
I am not sure where to live in Ontario. It may depend on the job.
May be you could suggest me a good place to live, far away from crime and drug addition.
Besides do I have to possess a good command of French if living in Ontario? I have DELF (premiere degree) some years ago and almost my french words are gone away

srv
03-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi hanoi,

Canada is a bilingual country and if you know french it will be a benefit but in provinces like Ontario you don't really need french. French is spoken widely in Quebec and New Brunswick.