Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : What career?

anxiousseeker
03-13-2007, 02:47 AM
:confused: Hi everyone. Wanna ask what is the best career move i have to take? Will be moving to Edmonton soon and as i understand, I have to go back to school to be able to land a good job. I'm a math teacher by profession but have worked as an admin asst here in Malaysia for 5 years. I have read that private colleges in Canada are offering short courses on accounting (receivable, payables, payroll, clerk, etc.). Are accounting clerks in demand in Edmonton? What about the job market for math teachers, is it high in this particular area? I'll appreciate any insights. Thanks!

Tsveta
03-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi, you can get a job as an Admin. Assistant without a course, depending on your experience. If you want to work with Accounts payable/receivable maybe you need to learn to work with Quickbooks, this is the most commonly used software. If you graduate and get a certificate from Canadian college this will make it easier for you; of course you have to calculate how much this will cost you and can you afford it. Most newcomers are on a tight budget but I guess you can get a student loan....

To become a math teacher you have to contact the local School Board.- http://www.epsb.ca/ or http://www.ecsd.net/
You have to evaluate your diploma against the Canadian standards and then apply as a supply teacher, but for more info contact the above school boards.

anxiousseeker
03-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Thanks for your info. Been searching these private colleges & have seen their school fees so I'll work out for it. I'm interested in their continuing educ where courses are offered on 5-month period, with classes conducted during weekends or night time. At least I could still work, what do you think? I'm afraid I couldn't be accepted in the teaching profession since I have zero experience. But I'm considering the job demand. Is Edmonton in need of many accounting clerks or math teachers? Where would I easily land a job between these two professions? Hope you could enlighten me, thanks again guys..

contractor
03-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi,
Alberta’s economy is booming so I guess there is a demand for teachers and accounting clerks. You can search workopolis.com and monster.ca for more job opportunities.