Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Appearance crucial to get the right job?

lana
03-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I came across very interesting article. A lot of people think that the appearance is crucial to get the right job and are willing to have cosmetic surgery or enhancement to increase their chances in their job hunt. I don't know when did we become so vain and isn't the Resume more important?

Please share your thoughts :)

contractor
03-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Appearance is very important these days. Our society is obsessed with anti-aging and no wonder there is a demanding for cosmetic procedures. Look at the TV commercials - you only see beautiful white teeth and anti-aging cosmetics...Well on the other hand you see - junk food commercials followed by a medications for upset stomach and weight loss products...:eek:

lana
03-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Well on the other hand you see - junk food commercials followed by a medications for upset stomach and weight loss products...:eek:

Yes that's horrible…

I don't know I still can't believe people will do plastic surgery to get better jobs. Isn’t it enough to have a good resume and to be dressed clean and professionally?...

Paul
04-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Apparently people do it. You have to be good at everything. You have to be good at your job, you have to be good looking, you need to have good sense of humor, you have to smell good, you have to be good at working late and during the weekend, yes, you have to be all that. Get real.

srv
04-10-2007, 11:19 AM
I came across very interesting article. A lot of people think that the appearance is crucial to get the right job and are willing to have cosmetic surgery or enhancement to increase their chances in their job hunt. I don't know when did we become so vain and isn't the Resume more important?

Please share your thoughts :)

Thank god I'm soooo good looking :D