Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : best advice form you clever people

newbiefromuk
03-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone, I am new to Canada and looking for a job. No surprise there.
I moved here with my partner who is a nurse on a 3 year work visa as his dependant. We have bought a house here and are going through the permanant residancy application, we want to stay!. Anyway, I am now in a position where i would quite like to work, its not that i need to but its getting pretty dull around the house on my own 4 days a week and theres only so much ironing and dusting i want to do. I am not looking for a career just a part time job in a bar or resteraunt or office environment. in the past i have worked in offices i was a transport controller for the London Underground (UK) for 6 years and prior to that i was i Nightclub Manager for almost 4 years i also have experience in Retail Sales. Any of these areas would be fine with me. The crux of my question is. How do i find an employer willing to go through the process of taking me on? is there an agency that will help me?
I live in London ON. If any guys or girls have some helpful advice please respond. Huge thanks in advance

Tsveta
03-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi,
Did you try to contact any recruiting agencies in London? This huge list of employment agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1)will help you, I hope, in your job hunt. :)

You can search the agencies by location too.