Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove red lines from resume & email?

job16
03-26-2007, 02:10 PM
hello,

After I spell checked my resume with Word 2003, there were still a few words left that were correctly spelt yet they still had a red squiggly line underneath them. I know how curent employers are very busy & recieve 200 or more resumes a day, & they're looking for any excuse to delete/throw away a resume from thier pile. Is it O.K. if I email my resume & it appears with a few spell check red squiggly lines (even though the few words left are correctly spelt)? If not, is there a way to remove these lines & then email them, or it doesnt matter & they will automaticallly appear on the reciepts end no matter what you do?

Thank you

Tsveta
03-27-2007, 11:19 AM
to be honest I don't know if you can remove them. You can send your resume as a .pdf format.

contractor
03-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Yep, Adobe Acrobat is a very good idea. Almost everybody has Acrobat reader. You have to open your resume in Word and convert it from there, I don't exactly remember how it is done but it is easy.

lookingforjob
04-02-2007, 08:56 PM
hello,

After I spell checked my resume with Word 2003, there were still a few words left that were correctly spelt yet they still had a red squiggly line underneath them. I know how curent employers are very busy & recieve 200 or more resumes a day, & they're looking for any excuse to delete/throw away a resume from thier pile. Is it O.K. if I email my resume & it appears with a few spell check red squiggly lines (even though the few words left are correctly spelt)? If not, is there a way to remove these lines & then email them, or it doesnt matter & they will automaticallly appear on the reciepts end no matter what you do?

Thank you

If you are sure that the words in your resume are spelled correctly, simply add the to the dictionary (right click the underlined word and choose "Add to dictionary").

jhraia
09-05-2007, 05:22 PM
hello.. newbie here.. to remove the red or green squiggly lines in Microsoft Word, highlight the words with those squiggly lines then right click and choose "Ignore All".. hope this could help although this inquiry was poste since last April..:)

bjlockie
11-01-2007, 06:41 PM
If you are sure that the words in your resume are spelled correctly, simply add the to the dictionary (right click the underlined word and choose "Add to dictionary").

That'll work on the local machine but it won't affect the remote user.
I would opt for PDF unless they ask for Word. :-)
I doubt employers would throw out a resume for that.
If they know anything, they know it is typically a US spell checker.