Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Interview today...but

frier4jobs
04-03-2007, 10:02 PM
I interviewed today and I assumed I was meeting with the lady who called me from human resources. She was taking me to the room for the interview, we stepped into the room, and she bowed out, and then I was with 4 other people who introduced themselves and then we were off ...they said that this was a more of a question and answer interview. They asked questions taking turns, and I answered the questions. After the questions were answered they basically asked if I had any questions, I asked a few. Then I was dismissed back the HR lady. But my dilema is ...I can't remember their names so I can send a thank you letter. I can't believe I froze and forgot to write their names down.:confused:

Should I call the lady from HR and get their names?
SHould I send some generic letter, but addressed to whom?

Tsveta
04-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi,
I am surprised they didn't give you any business cards.
You can call the HR lady and thank her for the interview with her coworkers. Just say "coworkers” or the "nice people who interviewed me".
If you were sent there by recruiter call him and ask for their names. He has this info.

frier4jobs
04-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Ok, I just want to clarify. I shouldn't send a thank you letter? Just call?

How about address the letter to the HR lady and Search Committee Members, as well?

SO many questions....sorry:D

Tsveta
04-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Do whatever you think is best; thank them for their time, leave a voice mail, send them a quick email but ALWAYS follow up. If you want to send a letter you need to know their names, so you can call the HR person and explain that you were interviewed recently and you need their emails to send them a thank you note. They hate giving out emails but at least you can get their names and phone numbers.

Next time, if you are not already hired, remember to ask for business cards!

srv
04-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Call the HR and ask for their names and phone numbers. They'll give it to you if you explain that you had interview with them last week and they forgot to give you their business cards. Then call them and send them emails as well. Good luck!