Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Resident Visa Questions

astachel
04-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I am currently applying for a Temporary Resident Visa to be in Saskatchewan for 6 months. I'll be retaining my current U.S. job while visiting in Saskatchewan. I've tried to contact the Buffalo consulate to get some questions answered, but so far, it seems that they don't answer consultation type questions. If anybody has any experience or insight with these questions, I would be very grateful.

- Can I apply as single visit even though I may return to the US once
or twice?
- How long can I extend a Temporary Resident Visa for?
- Can I use my US job as my sole financial support during my visit or
do I also need additional funds?
- Will I need to pay Canadian income taxes if I am working for my US
job at the time?
- May I rent housing on a short term basis while on a Temporary
Resident Visa?
- Is is best to enter in Sask or is it possible to cross border in
another province?
- Can I bring a car? What insurance do I need?
- How long in advance should I submit the application?

Thanks very much in advance for any help with these questions,

Sincerely,
Adam

Tsveta
04-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Hi,

If you apply for a single entry visa you will not be able to enter Canada multiple times.
About your financial support - it depends on your job and savings. I cannot tell you if you will need additional funds.
If you stay less than six months you most likely won't pay any taxes in Canada. Better consult with an accountant to be absolutely sure.
Most of the housing leases are for 1 year.
You can enter Canada from any port of entry once you have all your documents intact.
If you need more info you can go to CIC web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html or you can contact an immigration lawyer (http://www.getlawyer.ca/saskatchewan--lawyers/).
How long are you planning to stay in Canada and where in Sask. are you staying?

- Can I apply as single visit even though I may return to the US once
or twice?
- How long can I extend a Temporary Resident Visa for?
- Can I use my US job as my sole financial support during my visit or
do I also need additional funds?
- Will I need to pay Canadian income taxes if I am working for my US
job at the time?
- May I rent housing on a short term basis while on a Temporary
Resident Visa?
- Is is best to enter in Sask or is it possible to cross border in
another province?
- Can I bring a car? What insurance do I need?
- How long in advance should I submit the application?

Thanks very much in advance for any help with these questions,

Sincerely,
Adam

astachel
04-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for your response, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.

I am planning on staying for the full term of the Temporary Resident Visa and I'll be living just outside Saskatoon. I'll basically be driving in and working for my current U.S. job from Saskatoon area for 6 months. I'm trying to think of all the gotchas that might cause a problem when crossing the border and living there for a period.

adeel
08-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi,

If you apply for a single entry visa you will not be able to enter Canada multiple times.
About your financial support - it depends on your job and savings. I cannot tell you if you will need additional funds.
If you stay less than six months you most likely won't pay any taxes in Canada. Better consult with an accountant to be absolutely sure.
Most of the housing leases are for 1 year.
You can enter Canada from any port of entry once you have all your documents intact.
If you need more info you can go to CIC web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html or you can contact an immigration lawyer (http://www.getlawyer.ca/saskatchewan--lawyers/).
How long are you planning to stay in Canada and where in Sask. are you staying?
[Adeel]Hi , i got temporary work permit from the Employer at Alberta BC. I got only employer letter i want to know is there any additional document with employer letter ? before applying temporary work visa or only employer temporpary work letter is enuff for visa get.